Indiana Labor and Employment Law
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Over the last few decades, Indiana has prided itself on creating a business friendly (and therefore employer friendly) environment. To that end, the state has established itself as somewhat of a safe haven among Midwestern states for employers tired of navigating seas of regulatory red tape. While this effort has had some success, the state also is not without its own peculiarities. Indiana Labor and Employment Law seeks to shed light on those nuances. It provides a comprehensive and user-friendly examination of Labor and Employment law in the Hoosier State, both from the federal and state level. Indiana Labor and Employment Law addresses:
• the hiring process—including job advertisements and notices; job descriptions; applications/ban-the-box; background checks; pre-employment interviews, testing, and examinations; offer letters/employment agreements; immigration issues; and general onboarding documentation/process;
• the complexity of the legal issues surrounding an employee’s compensation, both at the federal and state level;
• occupational health and safety of employers and employees within Indiana;
• employee privacy matters—including discussion of employee’s right to privacy in the workplace; off-duty conduct; drugs in the workplace; alcohol and drug testing; electronic devices; and social networking;
• issues relating to performance management, employment discrimination, employment defamation claims, liability for employee conduct, and litigation of employment disputes;
• employer and employee rights under the NLRA and related statutes;
• employment benefits of various kinds and the laws that govern them;
• family and medical leave;
• Indiana’s Worker’s Compensation Act; and
• matters relating to termination of employment, post-employment restrictions, and plant closing and mass layoffs.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are noncancelable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.
Table of contents
CHAPTER 1: THE HIRING PROCESS
CHAPTER 2: EMPLOYMENT POLICIES AND RECORDS
CHAPTER 3: COMPENSATION
CHAPTER 4: HEALTH AND SAFETY
CHAPTER 5: EMPLOYEE PRIVACY
CHAPTER 6: PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
CHAPTER 7: EMPLOYMENT DISCRIMINATION
CHAPTER 8: DEFAMATION
CHAPTER 9: LABOR RELATIONS AND UNIONS
CHAPTER 10: LIABILITY FOR EMPLOYEE CONDUCT
CHAPTER 11: EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
CHAPTER 12: FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE
CHAPTER 13: WORKER’S COMPENSATION AND DISABILITY
CHAPTER 14: TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT
CHAPTER 15: POST-EMPLOYMENT RESTRICTIONS
CHAPTER 16: PLANT CLOSING AND MASS LAYOFFS
CHAPTER 17: LITIGATING EMPLOYMENT DISPUTES