LexisNexis Practice Guide: Pennsylvania Family Law
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
LexisNexis Practice Guide: Pennsylvania Family Law provides practical and insightful guidance on all aspects of a family law case for seasoned family law practitioners and other attorneys who handle family law matters in their Pennsylvania practice. The guide provides commentary, practice information, case summaries, and several forms. In addition, each chapter of the guide includes practical checklists to assist practitioners in the identification of important points of law and issues in the different types of family law cases. Each chapter also identifies the key provisions of the relevant Pennsylvania statutes and rules discussed in the chapter.
This comprehensive guide covers:
• The initial evaluation of the client and the case, terms of the retainer, and declining or terminating representation
• Alternative Dispute Resolution and a discussion of arbitration, mediation, and collaborative law
• Protection from abuse orders, jurisdiction and venue, the procedure for obtaining a protection from abuse order, and violation of the protection from abuse order
• Custody, categories of custody, jurisdiction and venue, parties in custody actions, custody factors, relocation, custody complaint and pretrial procedure, guardian ad litem and child advocate issues, custody evaluations, client and other witness preparation, and the trial
• Child Support, jurisdiction and venue issues, calculation of child support, pre-hearing practice, trial, and counsel fees
• Comparison of spousal support and alimony pendente lite
• Marriage and Dissolution
• Equitable Distribution
• Marital Settlement Agreements
• Premarital Agreements
• Assisted Reproductive Technology
• Appellate Practice
This publication is authored by respected and recognized practitioners who frequently lecture and instruct on family law topics and whose years of experience and practice in family law and engagement in the family law community in Pennsylvania is reflected in the comprehensive, practical, and insightful guidance provided in this book.
The 2022 edition ISBN is 9781663334473.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are noncancelable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Evaluating the Client and the Case
Chapter 2: Alternative Dispute Resolution
Chapter 3: Protection from Abuse Orders
Chapter 4: Custody
Chapter 5: Child Support
Chapter 6: Spousal Support/Alimony Pendente Lite/Alimony
Chapter 7: Marriage and Dissolution
Chapter 8: Equitable Distribution
Chapter 9: Marital Settlement Agreements
Chapter 10: Premarital Agreements
Chapter 11: Assisted Reproductive Technology
Chapter 12: Appellate Practice
Chapter 13: Bankruptcy
Chapter 14: Pennsylvania Public Access Policy (effective, January 6, 2018)
Chapter 15: COVID/Technology