LexisNexis Practice Guide: New Appleman North Carolina Insurance Law
Select a format
Key features and benefits:
• Practice guidance and tips from North Carolina practitioners-- user benefits from real world practical experience, tailored specifically to insurance litigation in North Carolina state courts.
• Extensive cross referencing to New Appleman suite of titles for more in-depth research and access to forms and checklists.
• North Carolina statutes, rules, cases, as appropriate.
• Provides guidance on current practical issues in insurance litigation, including such topics as:
- general principles of construction for insurance policies;
- automobile, homeowners, commercial, and builders insurance;
- directors and officers, employment, and worker’ compensation insurance;
- errors and omissions (malpractice) insurance, duty to defend, and bad faith claims;
- North Carolina Insurance Associations;
- property, fire, casualty, health, life, and disability insurance.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 General Principles of Constructions For Insurance Policies
Chapter 2 Automobile Insurance
Chapter 3 Homeowners Liability Insurance
Chapter 4 Commercial General Liability Insurance
Chapter 5 Builder's Risk Insurance
Chapter 6 Directors and Officers Insurance
Chapter 7 Errors and Omissions Insurance (Malpractice Insurance)
Chapter 8 Employment Practices Liability Insurance
Chapter 9 Workers' Compensation Insurance
Chapter 10 Excess and Umbrella Insurance
Chapter 11 North Carolina Insurance Guaranty Association
Chapter 12 North Carolina Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association
Chapter 13 Insurance Applications and Misrepresentations
Chapter 14 Bad Faith and Extra-Contractual Claims
Chapter 15 Duty to Defend
Chapter 16 Property, Fire, and Casualty Insurance
Chapter 17 Health Insurance
Chapter 18 Disability Insurance
Chapter 19 Life Insurance