Administration of Trusts in Florida
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The revised and expanded Tenth Edition of this perennial bestseller addresses in-depth the Florida Trust Code and subsequent amendments to the Code passed by the Legislature through 2017. In addition, this new edition features extensive treatment of all facets of trust administration.
Highlights of the new Tenth Edition include:
- Coverage of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- New and expanded overview of trust administration
- New sections on Decanting, Social Investments, Self-Settled Spendthrift Trusts Outside Florida, Ethical Issues in Preparation of Deeds, Marital Agreements and Title, Drafting Third-Party Special Needs Trusts, and on Offshore Trusts, including Determination of Beneficiaries, Taking Inventory of Trust Assets, Life and Annuity Policies
- Rewrites of sections on Who May Serve as Trustee, Trustee’s Power to Invade Principal, and Multiple Trust Rule with 2019 legislation
- Updates on the Florida Trust Code, fiduciary attorney-client privilege, safe harbor and homestead rights, Florida Medicaid Programs, Deductions for Qualified Business Income, Alimony Special Needs Trusts with respect to 2018 POMS Revisions, and Distributions and SSI Income Rules
- Elaboration on Statutes of Limitations Regarding Trust Disclosure Documents, Trust Modification and Trust Termination, the Sole Benefit Rule for Special Needs Trusts, and the Choice of Trustee for d4A Trusts
- Updates and discussions about rules, statutes, and recent case law
Tax considerations are stressed throughout the text, and are treated in depth in Chapter 12 of the manual. With the explosive increase in the use of trusts by Florida residents, this updated manual addresses a myriad of issues that attorneys practicing in this area are likely to confront on a daily basis.
Visit our Estate Planning website for a complete list of The Bar's Estate Planning related titles.
Visit our Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Publications website for a complete list of The Bar's titles.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
Denis A. Kleinfeld
Chapter 2 Powers, Duties, And Liabilities Of Trustees
Chapter 3 Resignation, Removal, And Appointment Of Sucessor Trustees
Barry F. Spivey and Cady L. Huss
Chapter 4 Prudent Investor Act
Stewart A. Marshall, J. Clay Singleton, and Neil W. Scott
Chapter 5 Trust Accountings
William R. Swindle and Jon P. Skelton
Chapter 6 Creditors' Rights To Assets In Trust
Jerome L. Wolf
Chapter 7 Lapse, Antilapse, And Descendible Beneficial Interests In Trusts
Chapter 8 Termination And Modification Of Express Trusts
Brian J. Felcoski and Jon Scuderi
Chapter 9 Trust Litigation
Steven L. Hearn
Chapter 10 Qualified Domestic Trusts
Laura Kristin Sundberg and Christine L. Weingart
Chapter 11 Funding Trusts
Charles Ian Nash
Chapter 12 Tax Considerations
J. Eric Taylor
Chapter 13 Compensation Of Trustees And Attorneys
Chapter 14 Title Problems and Issues
Chapter 15 Offshore Trusts
Denis A. Kleinfeld
Chapter 16 Charitable Trusts
J. Eric Taylor and Marla Bohlander
Chapter 17 Special Needs Trusts
David J. Lillesand, Marjorie E. Wolasky, and Amy J. Fanzlaw
Chapter 18 The Florida Trust Code
Laura Kristin Sundberg and Andrew H. Thompson