Basic Estate Planning In Florida
Select a format
This popular manual covers all facets of basic estate planning. Tax and accounting issues, ethical issues, and problems related to specific forms of ownership and special classes of persons are examined. Homestead considerations and handling of assets acquired in community property jurisdictions are also featured.
In the 10th Edition of Basic Estate Planning In Florida, Readers will find:
- New material on the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017; the SECURE Act; the Uniform Voidable Transaction Act; anti-clawback regulations; electronic wills; cryptocurrency; directed trustees; malpractice considerations regarding gifts; estate planning by nonlawyers.
- New forms covering Inter Vivos Declarations; Designations of Health Care Surrogates; Living Wills; Do Not Resuscitate Orders; Exercising Special Power of Appointment; Exercising Testamentary Broad Nongeneral Power of Appointment; Releasing Power of Appointment; Disclaiming Power of Appointment.
- Rewrites of sections on Living Trusts; Wills; Generation-Skipping Transfers; Third-Party Distributions; Privacy Considerations.
- Updates on Waiver of Rights to Elective Share; waiver of homestead rights; and Perfecting Title to Community Property.
- Elaboration on: Homestead Property; Community Property; Elective Share; Durable Powers of Attorney; the rights of minors, including noncitizen minors; Inter vivos gifts; Releases and Disclaimers of Power; malpractice considerations for attorneys who also serve as personal representatives.
- Expanded overview of Testamentary Gifts; Adopted Persons.
- Updated discussions about rules, statutes, and recent case law.
- Additional clarification of terms and case descriptions.
Visit our Estate Planning website for a complete list of The Bar's Estate Planning related titles.
Visit our Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Publications website for a complete list of The Bar's titles.
The 2019 edition ISBN is 9781522139492.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction, Modern History, And Practical Considerations
E. Steven Lauer
Chapter 2 Pitfalls And Minefields In Estate Planning
W. Michael Parrott
Chapter 3 Planning For Incapacity And Disability
Kathleen A. Kadyszewski
Chapter 4 Special Classes Of Persons
Colleen K. O’Rourke
Chapter 5 Overview Of Wealth Transfer Taxes
J. Eric Taylor
Chapter 6 Homestead
Jeffrey A. Baskies and Tereina R. Stidd
Chapter 7 Joint Ownership
Jeffrey A. Baskies, Thomas O. Katz, and Justin M. Savioli
Chapter 8 Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living Trusts
Rose-Anne B. Frano, Elizabeth P. Diaz, and Jeffrey T. Troiano
Chapter 9 Funding The Living Trust
Debra L. Boje and Alyse Reiser Comiter
Chapter 10 Marital Transfers
Thomas C. Lee, Jr. and Alyse Reiser Comiter
Chapter 11 Powers Of Appointment
Barbara Landau and Andrea Stone
Chapter 12 Fiduciaries
Dan P. Heller, Alex Espenkotter, and Robert Beraha
Chapter 13 Malpractice And Ethical Considerations
Charles Ian Nash and Keith S. Kromash
Chapter 14 Community Property Issues
Erica K. Smith
Chapter 15 Estate Planning Checklists And Computer Software
Barry A. Nelson
Chapter 16 Making Estate Planning Easy, Enjoyable, Predictable, And Automatic
Bruce S. Udell