Texas Criminal Lawyer's Handbook
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The total price includes the product(s) listed in the Order Form and any Updates for a limited period (minimum period of 30 days) after the order is placed ("Order Window"). Shipping and handling fees are not included in the grand total price.
All shipments may be returned, at subscribers' expense, for full credit of the Price within 30 days of receipt.
Shipments may not be returned, and no credits will be issued, more than 30 days after receipt.
After the Order Window, subscribers will receive notice of Updates along with the then-current grand total price and order process as Updates become available. Subscribers will only be shipped those Updates they specifically request.
View a sample of this title using the ReadNow feature
REVISION 23 HIGHLIGHTS
This new edition of Texas Criminal Lawyer’s Handbook will keep you on the cutting edge of Texas criminal law, practice, and procedure, with new and updated coverage of a broad range of issues, including:
CELL PHONE WARRANTS
- Jury charge on the voluntariness of a waiver under Art. 38.22
- Statements to inmates: what constitutes an agency relationship
- Dual sovereignty: when a single act that violates a tribal ordinance and a federal statute
- Multiple punishments in a single trial
- Collateral estoppel as a bar to a subsequent trial
- First Amendment challenge to charging instruments: harassment statutes
- Rule governing the state’s authority to abandon a portion of the charging instrument
- Asserting a statute of limitations violation
BAIL AND BOND ISSUES
- Revocation of Bond
- Amount of Bond Set
- Constitutional Challenges
- Withdrawal of Plea
- Informer’s identity privilege
- Defendant’s burden on motion to reveal identity of confidential informant
JURY SELECTION AND VOIR DOIR
- Bias or Prejudice as Matter of Law
- Preservation of Error for Denial of Defense Challenges for Cause
- Admissibility of extraneous drug offenses under Rule 403
- Evaluating the reasonableness of the use of deadly force
- Test for a lesser-included offense instruction
- Admissibility of jailhouse recordings
- Admission of unconfronted testimonial hearsay violates the Confrontation Clause
- Judicial clemency and defendant’s discharge from community supervision
- Instruction re: accomplice witness testimony in punishment phase of a capital trial
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are noncancelable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.