Williams & Meyers, Manual of Oil & Gas Terms
Select a format
A handy desk reference, the softcover Manual of Oil and Gas Terms defines the words and phrases most useful to lawyers, landmen, accountants, investors in oil and gas properties, students and others in the great variety of occupations in the industry. For example, the petroleum engineer may find the book helpful on the meaning of the Unless clause in an oil and gas lease; the landman may find help in explaining the purpose and meaning of various lease clauses; the lawyer, accountant, or investor may obtain a better understanding of financing terms and of tax consequences. The Manual features:
• Over 6,000 precise definitions of legal, engineering, and tax terms (including acronyms) relating to the oil and gas industry, with definitions based--wherever possible--on actual cases;
• A comprehensive survey of new terms and recent colloquialisms;
• Annotations that include useful references to statutes, cases, books and law review articles;
• Entries listed in alphabetical order to easily locate a desired term; and
• Ample cross-references to the 8-volume treatise, Williams & Meyers, Oil and Gas Law.
The Manual of Oil and Gas Terms is also available packaged as Volume 8 of Williams & Meyers Oil and Gas Law.