California Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The California Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law derives from statutes, policies, concerns, and history unique to the state of California. This treatise comprehensively documents and describes this area of law which presents a broad and rich palette for practitioners and regulators. Highly experienced practitioners of differing perspectives were engaged to undertake a fresh, balanced and comprehensive review of each subject area of our state's antitrust and unfair competition laws. Teams of peer reviewers also drawn from the ranks of California's leading practitioners were tasked with the review of every chapter. Several new subject matters addressing the application of our antitrust and unfair competition laws to various industries were added, including health, regulated industries, electronic media and internet and labor. Additionally, there are chapters addressing joint ventures and franchises, pretrial and trial considerations, and attorney's fees and costs. Lastly, California Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law, Revised Edition greatly expands coverage of related consumer and unfair competition laws.
Led by Shira Liu (Editor-in-chief), and the managing-editorial board, a team of over 130 leading members of the Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Section of the California Lawyers Association (Authors), brings you a balanced, comprehensive source that:
• Highlights application of state antitrust and unfair competition laws to the health care industry, Internet, insurance, labor market, telecommunications, energy and more
• Includes all of the latest-breaking developments regarding the Cartwright Act, Unfair Practices Act, Consumer Legal Remedies Act, the Unfair Competition Law plus Proposition 64 developments
• Covers class actions, indirect purchaser actions, standing and remedies under California state law
• Addresses procedural issues and recovery of costs and fees
More recently, topics included the context of joint ventures and defining the market players, and the issue of health care consolidation. In light of the broad reach of the Cartwright Act, attorneys can best be prepared with this resource if they have clients or organizations conducting business in the Golden State.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are noncancelable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.
Table of contents
• Chapter 1 The Cartwright Act
• Chapter 2 Horizontal Combinations
• Chapter 3 Vertical Restraints
• Chapter 4 Joint Ventures and Franchises
• Chapter 5 Mergers
• Chapter 6 Monopolization
• Chapter 7 Litigating A California Antitrust or Unfair Competition Claim
• Chapter 8 Standing, Causation, and Antitrust Injury
• Chapter 9 Exemptions, Immunities, and Other Defenses
• Chapter 10 Class Actions
• Chapter 11 Indirect-Purchaser Actions
• Chapter 12 Remedies
• Chapter 13 Attorneys Fees and Insurance Coverage
• Chapter 14 Public Enforcement of California Antitrust and Unfair Competition Laws
• Chapter 15 California Unfair Competition Law
• Chapter 16 California False Advertising Law
• Chapter 17 California Unfair Practices Act
• Chapter 18 California Consumers Legal Remedies Act
• Chapter 19 Common Law Business Torts
• Chapter 20 The Insurance Industry
• Chapter 21 Health Care Industry
• Chapter 22 Regulated Industries
• Chapter 23 State Antitrust Law and Intellectual Property
• Chapter 24 The Labor Market