Maryland School Law Deskbook
Select a format
The Maryland School Law Deskbook is the only education law reference of its kind in the state. Written by experienced education law attorneys, and published in cooperation with the Maryland Association of Boards of Education (MABE), this comprehensive publication offers current and authoritative information on legal issues facing schools within the context of state and federal education law.
Clearly written in a straightforward question-and-answer format, Maryland School Law Deskbook is concise, intuitive, and accessible. Complete with a comprehensive index and a table of cases cited, it is the essential education law resource for school principals, administrators, school board members, superintendents, education professionals and attorneys in Maryland.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ or Lexis® service for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+ or Lexis is required to access this content.
Table of Contents
Foreword by Frances Hughes Glendening
Foreword by Karen B. Salmon
About the Authors
List of Common Acronyms and Abbreviations
1. Local School Board Roles and Responsibilities
2. State Role in Public Education
3. Federal Role in Education
4. Budget and Finance
5. School Facilities, Safety & Security, Health & Nutrition, and Student Transportation
6. Employee Relations and Rights
7. Employee Discipline and Dismissal
8. The Elementary and Secondary Education Act
9. Tort, Liability and Insurance Issues
10. Student Attendance, Instruction, and Records
11. Student Discipline/Search and Seizure
12. Student Speech, Press and Dress.
13. Church/State Relations and Equal Access Act
14. Student Classifications and Diversity Issues
15. Education of Students with Disabilities
16. Public Charter Schools and Public School Alternatives
Table of Cases