Maryland School Law Deskbook & Maryland School Laws and Regulations Annotated Set
The Maryland School Law Deskbook is the first education law reference of its kind in the state. Written by experienced education law attorneys, and published in cooperation with the Maryland Association of Boards of Education (MABE), this comprehensive publication offers current and authoritative information on legal issues facing schools within the context of state and federal education law.
Maryland School Laws and Regulations Annotated provides fingertip access to a collection of education-related statutes in one handy volume! Published in cooperation with the Maryland Association of Boards of Education, this up-to-date publication offers quick reference to important statutes contained in the Education Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland, as well as other Articles such as Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Election Law, Family Law, Health, Public Safety and much more. In addition, the publication offers comprehensive coverage of Title 13A of the Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR).
Buy Together and Save!
Purchase Maryland School Law Deskbook and Maryland School Laws and Regulations Annotated together and save! For more information or to order, Call 800.533.1637 or www.lexisnexis.com/us.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis Advance® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis Advance® is required to access this content.
Table of Contents
Maryland School Laws Deskbook, 2019-2020 Edition
Foreword by Frances Hughes Glendening
Foreword by Dr. Lillian M. Lowery
About the Authors
List of Common Acronyms and Abbreviations
1. Local School Board Roles and Responsibilities
2. State Role in Public Education
3. Federal Role in Education
4. Budget and Finance
5. School Facilities, Safety & Security, Health & Nutrition, and Student Transportation
6. Employee Relations and Rights
7. Employee Discipline and Dismissal
8. The Elementary and Secondary Education Act
9. Tort, Liability and Insurance Issues
10. Student Attendance, Instruction, and Records
11. Student Discipline/Search and Seizure
12. Student Speech, Press and Dress
13. Church/State Relations and Equal Access Act
14. Student Classifications and Diversity Issues
15. Education of Students with Disabilities
16. Public Charter Schools and Public School Alternatives
Table of Cases
User's Guide to the Index
Maryland School Laws and Regulations Annotated, 2019-2020 Edition
PART I. STATUTORY PROVISIONS
PART II. REGULATIONS