LITIGATE WITH CONFIDENCE
Cutting-edge litigator and preeminent author, James M. Wagstaffe, breaks down complex procedural issues with instant analysis, spot-on guidance, practitioner insights and time-saving features.
- Rely on step-by-step navigation of the complexities of pretrial civil procedure.
- Save time and reduce research costs with easy-to-find guidance to key issues.
- Take and defend positions on issues with confidence, knowing you are backed by expert litigator and author James M. Wagstaffe.
Navigate the complexities of state procedure for the 22 states and the District of Columbia that follow the rules of Federal Civil Procedure. Download this map to identify the jurisdictions that follow the rules of federal civil procedure.
Tackle every aspect of California pretrial civil procedure with the combined experience and expertise of James M. Wagstaffe, Steven J. Adamski, Frank Busch, Hon. Evelio M. Grillo, Paul R. Kiesel, Edith R. Matthai, Hon. Richard L. Seabolt, and members of The Wagstaffe Group.
These essential civil procedure GPS guides identify the questions that lawyers and judges will ask. Along the way, these guides will help you understand court splits and provide you with plenty of advisory practice tips, allowing you to litigate with confidence. These publications include numerous features and help distill complex procedural issues down to easy-to-digest pieces.
- Chapters are organized into Scope, Objective or Overview, Core Rules and Statutes, Checklists, and Examples.
- Dozens of detailed, step-by-step checklists that provide users with true practical guidance on how to complete pretrial practice tasks.
- Numerous examples, explanatory notes and case studies highlight both common and nuanced procedural issues.
- Practice tips such as “Warning” or “Local Practice” alert the user to important nuggets of practical advice including exceptions, court splits and warnings about potential traps.
- Citations and cross-references are made throughout to other areas within the chapter, other chapters within their respective title and other authoritative Matthew Bender® publications.
- Table of Cases lists all of the cases cited in alphabetic order by case name.
- Table of Statutes lists all the statutes cited in alphabetic order as well.
- Index references all topics discussed in the text and footnotes.
About James M. Wagstaffe and The Wagstaffe Group
AUTHORITY YOU CAN TRUST
James M. Wagstaffe is the premier industry expert and authority with respect to pretrial federal civil procedure. Mr. Wagstaffe possesses an inimitable wealth of knowledge, experience and practice as a federal litigator, educator and lecturer and accomplished author. Previously a co-founder of Kerr & Wagstaffe LLP, he is currently a partner of Wagstaffe, von Loewenfeldt, Busch & Radwick, LLP in San Francisco. Mr. Wagstaffe handles a diverse range of litigation matters, and has been rated in the SuperLawyers top 100 in Northern California three years in a row. Mr. Wagstaffe currently serves as Chair of the Federal Judicial Center Foundation Board, appointed by the Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court.
Follow James M. Wagstaffe on Twitter: https://twitter.com/JWagstaffeLxNx
Learn more about The Wagstaffe Group by visiting their website: http://www.thewagstaffegroup.com/
*The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options. Access to the related content and videos from the eBook versions are exclusively available with a subscription to Lexis Advance.