Wills, Trusts and Estates for the D.C. Area Practitioner
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Wills, Trusts and Estates for the D.C. Area Practitioner is a one-volume practice guide with expert analysis and nearly every form an attorney needs for probate law, estate planning and administration in Washington D.C., Maryland or Virginia. This treatise includes a wide variety of clauses that are basic forms for a will and collateral disposition and management matters. The clauses are divided by category and are followed by extensive commentary and detailed annotations with the specific characteristics of the local law on that subject. Includes downloadable forms content. The forms include:
- a will preparation checklist and client interview sheet
- living wills for the District of Columbia and Maryland
- health care power of attorney forms for the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia
- timetables for estate administration in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+™ is required to access this content.
Table of contents
2. Preparation of a Good Will
3. Client Interview
4. Collateral Planning
5. Preliminary Statements
6. Specific, Demonstrative and General Bequests
7. Disposition of Residuary Estate
8. Testamentary Trusts
9. Clauses Involving Minors
10. Appointment of Fiduciary and Fiduciary Powers
11. Signature, Attestation and Miscellaneous Clauses
12. Administration in the District of Columbia
13. Administration in the State of Maryland
14. Administration in the Commonwealth of Virginia
15. Ancillary Administration (District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia)
16. Important Federal Tax Points
17. District of Columbia Estate Tax
18. International Wills