To purchase a printed version of this title, please visit www.caplaw.com.
Tort Law and Practice provides a rich context for the study of Tort Law. Teachers and students consistently rate this book highly. This innovative casebook thoroughly develops the core torts principles, and has many unique features, such as:
• Emphasis on contemporary cases while retaining the classic cases;
• Use of problems (with model answers for teachers) to facilitate learning and application;
• Variety of negligence duty issues to select from for classroom focus;
• Balanced presentation of alternative points of view;
• Inclusion of substantive and damages issues reflecting the diversity of U.S. society;
• Summary of contents at the beginning of each chapter to help students keep the concepts in focus;
• Boxed outline summaries and flow charts to facilitate learning;
• Ethical issues in personal injury cases discussed in context; and
• Practice materials included to help students understand the process.
This edition of Tort Law and Practice represents the authors' continued efforts to humanize the subject matter of torts and to include issues reflecting the diversity of our society where relevant. Thus, the book includes cases that raise tort law issues of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, and social class where appropriate. The authors also raise important ethical issues at various points throughout the book. The comprehensive Teachers Manual provides insights to the analysis of the cases, suggested teaching techniques, and model answers to the many problems in the casebook.
The accompanying Teachers Manual provides insights to the analysis of the cases, suggested teaching techniques, and model answers to the many problems in the casebook.
Professors and adjunct professors may request complimentary examination copies of LexisNexis law school publications to consider for class adoption or recommendation. Please identify the book(s) you wish to receive, provide your institutional contact information, and submit your request here.