The Merger Review Process
Select a format
Revised and expanded, this comprehensive guide to the process and procedures of merger review at the federal agencies makes the federal review process more comprehensible and accessible to executives, parties, and their counsel. The Merger Review Process, Fourth Edition focuses on the strategic decisions that executives, parties, and their counsel must make at key junctures in the merger process.
The Fourth Edition updates the procedures detailed in the third edition and also expands the scope of the volume to include:
• An overview of non-U.S. merger regress;
• the role of the states and regulatory agencies in merger review;
• discovery of electronic materials
• use of economists; and
• agency, administrative, and injunction challenges.
Easy to use, this book follows a transaction chronologically through the review process. You'll learn about:
• the review process from the pre-filing stage through possible non-litigation resolutions to an agency challenge;
• coordination of multijurisdictional review;
• investigations of transactions not subject to Hart-Scott-Rodino notification requirements, and
• the steps the reviewing agency, parties, and counsel may take.