The Associate as Rainmaker: Building Your Business Brain
Select a format
An associate's mid- and long-term success relies on building a foundation of relationships that are created during a lawyer's early years. This book is your guide to specific actions for mastering the game, offering attorneys of all experience levels useful insights into how a rainmaker gets results.
Broken into four thorough sections--Being a Rainmaker, Brain Basics, Rainmaker Techniques, and Tips from the Front Line--The Associate as Rainmaker contains specific techniques for business development, including:
• Business development time slots
• The art and science of selling
• Creating an optimal performance state
• Business development for shy attorneys
• The art and science of rapport
• Thirty-four steps to grow any practice
The book also includes a business development checklist that contains tips for each year you're an associate, as well as several appendices with exercises, goals sheets, and time management forms.