Texas Business Litigation, edited by Sofia Adrogué and Caroline Baker, is a comprehensive handbook for litigators and transactional attorneys. Written by a stellar panel of veteran TX litigators, judges and arbitrators, Texas Business Litigation allows the reader to focus research, save preparation time, field quick client questions, and follow specific areas of law and procedure as they develop year to year. From ADR to appeals, learn from the collective wisdom, experience and practical advice of these notable lawyer-authors.
In Texas Business Litigation you’ll find thorough treatment of:
• Discovery—Kim J. Askew, K&L Gates, LLP
• Speech-Based Torts: Libel, Slander, Business Disparagement and Invasion of Privacy—Chip Babcock, Jackson Walker L.L.P.
• Damages—David J. Beck, Beck Redden, LLP
• Experts—Maria Wyckoff Boyce, Baker Botts LLP
• E-Discovery—David Chaumette, Chaumette, PLLC
• Intellectual Property and Trade Secrets Litigation—Charles Everingham IV, Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, LLP
• Criminal Law in Business Tort Cases—David Gerger, Gerger & Clarke
• Breach of Fiduciary Duty Claims in Business Transactions—Robin Gibbs, Gibbs & Bruns
• Bankruptcy Ramifications in Business Litigation Cases—Elizabeth M. Guffy, Burleson LLP
• Contorts—Lamont A. Jefferson, Haynes and Boone, LLP
• Ethics—Randy Johnston, Johnston Tobey PC
• The Liability Case—Mark Lanier, Lanier Law Firm
• Alternative Dispute Resolution—Alice Oliver-Parrott, Alice Oliver-Parrott, P.C.
• Selected Causes of Action Unique to the Oil and Gas Industry—James J. Ormiston, Gray Reed & McGraw, P.C.
• Fraud and Negligent Misrepresentation—Yvette Ostolaza, Sidley Austin LLP
• Evaluating Commercial Cases: Avoiding Icebergs—Harry Susman, Susman Godfrey
• Corporate Governance and Regulatory Proceedings—Patricia J. Villareal, Jones Day
• Employment Law Litigation—A. Martin Wickliff, Jr., Cozen O’Connor
• Preservation of Error—Appeal Tactics—Marie R. Yeates, Vinson & Elkins
• Antitrust—R. Paul Yetter, Yetter Coleman LLP
• Third-Party Litigation Financing—W. Bradley Wendel
• Business Divorce—Ladd Hirsch
• Innovations to Improve Jury Trials in Texas—Stephen D. Susman
NEW FOR THIS EDITION
The final three chapters are new and an indicia of the state of business litigation and global economic realities—third-party litigation finance, business divorce, and jury trial innovations.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+™ is required to access this content.