Servicemember and Veterans Rights
Select a format
Designed for the busy practitioner, Servicemember and Veterans Rights contains Practice Notes setting out important take-aways and practical implications. For further convenience, longer sections are broken into subsections and make use of lists and bullet points. These user-friendly features will help you find just the right information quickly and easily.
This indispensable practice aid covers the following critical issues and includes these features:
• Chapter discussing all branches of the military, providing a general understanding of the different branches of the armed forces, their respective missions, and their organizational structures (Chapter 1);
• Chapter on USERRA, providing an understanding of this federal law addressing military leave and discrimination issues resulting from military service (Chapter 2);
• Chapter on military family law providing an overview of family law issues practitioners will encounter when dealing with military members as clients or opposing parties (Chapter 4);
• Chapter on TriCare and SGLI providing an important understanding of these principles and ensuring that Servicemembers, Veterans, and insurable dependents understand their rights, obligations, and privileges regarding TriCare and SGLI and SGLI related benefits (Chapter 5).
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+™ is required to access this content.
Table of Contents
• CHAPTER 1 Introduction to Military Law
• CHAPTER 2 Rights Under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
• CHAPTER 3 The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
• CHAPTER 4 Military Family Law
• CHAPTER 5 The TRICARE Program and Servicemembers Group Life Insurance (SGLI): SGLI and Related SGLI Benefits
• CHAPTER 6 Veterans Benefits
• CHAPTER 7 Appeals for Veterans Benefits
• CHAPTER 8 Massing Fire on TBI and PTSD: The Importance of Working with Medical and Mental Health Professionals
• CHAPTER 9 Depressive Disorders
• CHAPTER 10 Veteran Treatment Courts
• CHAPTER 11 State Benefits Available to Veterans and Servicemembers
• CHAPTER 12 Military Discharge Upgrades
• CHAPTER 13 The Modern Veteran
• CHAPTER 14 Recent Cases and Useful Links