Police Civil Liability
Select a format
A comprehensive guide to the personal injury and civil rights aspects of police misconduct. Includes an extensive array of forms. An essential resource for personal injury lawyers--plaintiff and defense, civil rights attorneys, government counsel, and for law enforcement officers at all levels, this handy work provides numerous practice aids and forms throughout.
• Section 1983 & other Federal Civil Rights Actions
• Negligence during police emergencies
• False arrest and imprisonment
• Liability for misuse of weapons
• Assault and battery
• Malicious prosecution
• Duties to persons arrested and incarcerated
• Duty to protect citizens and property
An appendix contains detailed analysis of qualified immunity in Fourth Amendment search and seizure and other constitution litigation.