New York Estates, Powers and Trusts Law & Surrogate's Court Procedure Act Handbook
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The total price includes the product(s) listed in the Order Form and any Updates for a limited period (minimum period of 30 days) after the order is placed ("Order Window"). Shipping and handling fees are not included in the grand total price.
All shipments may be returned, at subscribers' expense, for full credit of the Price within 30 days of receipt.
Shipments may not be returned, and no credits will be issued, more than 30 days after receipt.
After the Order Window, subscribers will receive notice of Updates along with the then-current grand total price and order process as Updates become available. Subscribers will only be shipped those Updates they specifically request.
View a sample of this title using the ReadNow feature
Full text of Estates, Powers and Trusts Law and Surrogate's Court Procedure Act combined in one publication.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are noncancelable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.
Table of contents
ESTATES, POWERS & TRUST LAW
Chapter 17-b of the Consolidated Laws
TABLE OF CONTENTS
• 1 General Provisions 1-1.1 - 1-2.20
• 2 Rules Governing Dispositions Subject to this Law 2-1.1 - 2-1.14
• 3 Substantive Law of Wills 3-1.1 - 3-5.1
• 4 Descent and Distribution of an Intestate 4-1.1 - 4-1.6
• 5 Family Rights 5-1.1 - 5-4.6
• 6 Classification, Creation, Definition of, and Rules Governing Estates in Property 6-1.1 - 6-6.7
• 7 Trusts 7-1.1 - 7-8.1
• 8 Charitable Trusts 8-1.1 - 8-1.8
• 9 Perpetuities and Accumulations 9-1.1 - 9-2.3
• 10 Powers 10-1.1 - 10-10.8
• 11 Fiduciaries: Powers, Duties and Limitations; Actions by or against in Representative or Individual Capacities 11-1.1 - 11-4.7
• 11-A Uniform Principal and Income Act 11-A-1.1 - 11-A-6.4
• 12 Actions by Creditors and Other Persons Against Distributees and Testamentary Beneficiaries 12-1.1 - 12-2.5
• 13 Other Provisions Affecting Estates 13-1.1 - 13-3.6
• 14 Repealer; Derivation and Distribution Tables; Effective Date 14-1.1 - 14-3.1
SURROGATE'S COURT PROCEDURE ACT
TABLE OF CONTENTS
• 1 General 101-106
• 2 Jurisdiction and Powers 201-212
• 3 Proceedings, Pleadings and Process 301-316
• 4 Appearance; Protection of Persons Under Disability; 301-316 Counsel for Indigent Adults in Surrogate's Court Proceedings 404-407
• 5 Trials and Hearings 501-510
• 6 Orders and Decrees 601-607
• 7 General Provisions Relating to Letters 701-725
• 8 General Provisions Relating to Bonds 801-811
• 9 Temporary Administration - Absentees and Internees 901-911
• 10 Intestate Administration 1001-1007
• 11 Public Administrators of the Counties Within the City of New York 1101-1128
• 12 Public Administrators in the Counties of Erie, Monroe, Nassau, Onondaga, Suffolk and Westchester and County Treasurers Appointed Administrators 1101-1128
• 13 Settlement of Small Estates Without Court Administration
• 14 Probate Proceedings; Construction of Wills; Right of Election 1201-1219
• 15 Trusts and Trustees 1301-1312
• 16 Foreign Estates 1404-1424
• 17 Guardians and Custodians 1501-1509
• 17-A Guardians of Mentally Retarded and Developmentally Disabled Persons 1601-1616
• 18 Claims; Payment of Debts and Funeral Expenses 1701-1727
• 19 Disposition of Real Property 1750-1761
• 20 Proceeding to Open Safe Deposit Box 1801-1814
• 21 Miscellaneous Proceedings 1901-1923
• 22 Accounting 2001-2008
• 23 Costs, Allowances and Commissions 2101-2115
• 24 Court Fees 2201-2227
• 25 Records and Recording 2301-2313
• 26 The Surrogate's Court and Its Officers 2401-2404
• 27 Appeals 2701, 2702
• 28 Repeal; Savings Clause; Effective Date 2801-2805
• Official Forms
• Uniform Court Rules