New York Employment Law
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The premier employment law guide for New York attorneys and businesses.
New York Employment Law, Second Editioncovers the entire range of private sector employment law in New York. Especially tailored for New York practitioners, the Second Edition conveniently breaks down coverage of New York employment law into four sections, and also contains a compilation of important statutory provisions and other texts chosen to facilitate your research.
The Contractual Relationship
• analysis of employment contracts and the employment relationship in New York.
• differences in a company's relationship with employees as opposed to its relationship with other workers, such as independent contractors and leased employees
• non-competition agreements
• an employee's duty of loyalty
• the protection of trade secrets
• Reviews and analyzes employment discrimination law in New York under both state and federal sources of law
• Identifies the various statutes against discrimination
• Compares the coverage of state, federal and local laws
• Studies the specific prohibitions against discrimination
Incidents of the Employment Relationship
• Interviewing and employment applications
• Pre-employment testing and background checks
• Current issues associated with "truth-in-hiring" claims
• Privacy issues in the workplace from eavesdropping and monitoring of employee communications to employee access to personnel records
• Wages and hours
• Workers' compensation
• Disability benefits
• Employee safety and
• Health and unemployment insurance
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+™ is required to access this content.
Table of contents
Part I The Contractual Relationship
Chapter 1 The Employment Relationship and the At-Will Doctrine
Chapter 2 Employment and Similar Relationships
Chapter 3 Written Employment and Termination Contracts
Chapter 4 Employee Noncompetition and Loyalty Obligations During Employment and After
Chapter 5-8 [Reserved]
Part II Incidents of the Employment Relationship
Chapter 9 Recruiting
Chapter 10 Preemployment Testing and Background Checks
Chapter 11 Employee Records
Chapter 12-14 [Reserved]
Volume 2 Incidents of The Employment Relationship (Continued)
Chapter 15-17 [Reserved]
Chapter 18 Privacy in the Workplace
Chapter 19 Employer Rules and Policies
Chapter 20-23 [Reserved]
Part III Discrimination
Chapter 24 New York and Federal Laws Against Discrimination: An Overview
Chapter 25 New York Employment Discrimination Litigation
Chapter 26 New York State Human Rights Law: Procedures and Remedies
Chapter 27 New York Human Rights Law
Chapter 28 Other Local Commissions on Human Rights and Antidiscrimination Laws
Chapter 29-31 [Reserved]
Part IV Statutory Regulation
Chapter 32-34 [Reserved]
Chapter 35 Wages and Hours
Chapter 36 Workers' Compensation
Chapter 39 Unemployment Insurance
Chapter 40-44 [Reserved]
Appendix: New York Employment Discrimination