Mutual Fund Litigation and Insurance Practice Guide
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
In addition to assessing the risks facing the mutual fund industry, the Mutual Fund Litigation and Insurance Practice Guide informs industry participants about key insurance products and approaches that help mitigate those risks.
This publication alerts mutual fund industry participants to the risks facing the industry as a result of increased regulatory enforcement and civil litigation and informs them about key insurance products and approaches that help mitigate those risks.
The Mutual Fund Litigation and Insurance Practice Guide examines the legal risks faced by the mutual fund industry, the legal bases for potential liability of mutual fund industry participants, the key precedents from important regulatory enforcement actions and civil litigation against the industry, and the critical insurance products and approaches that are available to mitigate these risks. The key topics covered include the following:
• Background of current enforcement and litigation environment.
• SEC enforcement actions against the mutual fund industry.
• Potential areas of future SEC enforcement focus.
• State enforcement actions against the mutual fund industry.
• Mutual fund private litigation claims, defenses and risks under the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Investment Company Act of 1940, and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
• Joint and several liability under federal securities laws.
• Contribution and indemnification under federal securities laws.
• Apportionment of exposure in mutual fund litigation.
• Constructing insurance towers for mutual funds.
• Cyber and data-related risk and insurance coverage.
• Key terms in directors' and officers' liability insurance policies and professional liability insurance policies.
• Policy exclusions in directors' and officers' liability and professional insurance policies.
• Policy conditions in directors' and officers' and professional liability policies.
• Fidelity and blanket bond requirements for investment companies.
• Types of fidelity coverage.
• Key terms in fidelity and blanket bonds.
• Termination and cancellation of insurance coverage.
Written by acknowledged experts in the mutual funds and insurance fields , this is the is the only comprehensive source that provides critical guidance for evaluating the risks facing mutual fund industry participants and negotiating for, and obtaining, insurance protection against those risks.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+™ is required to access this content.
Table of contents
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1 Overview of Mutual Fund Liability and Insurance Needs
Chapter 2 Regulatory Enforcement Risks Facing Mutual Fund Industry
Chapter 3 Civil Litigation Claims Against Mutual Fund Industry Under Federal Securities Laws
Chapter 4 Apportionment of Exposure in Civil Litigation Against Mutual Fund Industry Under Federal Securities Laws
Chapter 5 Directors and Officers Insurance Policies of Mutual Funds and Their Service Providers
Chapter 6 Professional Liability Insurance Policies of Mutual Funds and Their Service Providers
Chapter 7 Fidelity Bonds
Chapter 8 Cyber and Data-Related Risk and Insurance Coverage
Table of Cases