Mississippi Advance Legislative Service
Select a format
Price displayed is for customers residing in-state only. Out-of-state customers please call 1-800-223-1940 for more information.
The annual Advance Sheets of the General Laws of Mississippi are part of the supplementation service for your official Mississippi Code of 1972 Annotated, and consist of a series of pamphlets issued during and immediately following the Regular Legislative Session of the State of Mississippi. The purpose of this service is to provide you with the most timely legislative information possible, and to make the most recent changes to the Mississippi Code available to you in an easy-to-use format.
The Advance Sheets contain all public acts enacted by the Legislature and approved by the Governor during the Regular Legislative Session. Appropriation bills and private and local bills are not included in the Advance Sheets.
The acts are arranged in order by House Bill and Senate Bill number, with House Bills appearing first. The final pamphlet contains a cumulative table of House Bills and Senate Bills and their corresponding chapter numbers.
Summary of acts; tables; index.
To assist you in locating pertinent legislation, the Advance Sheets include several tables and other features prepared by the editorial staff of the publisher. Included in the pamphlets are the following:
• a Summary of Acts summarizing the subject of each act in the pamphlet;
• Cumulative Legislative Summaries giving brief descriptions of important legislation;
• a Cumulative Table of Code Sections Affected showing the impact of legislation on sections of the Code;
• a comprehensive, cumulative Index, with headings based on the headings that are used in the general index to the Code.
In addition, the following tables will be added to the final pamphlet:
• a Cumulative Allocation of Acts Table showing each general law and its effect on the section of the Code;
• Cumulative Tables of House Bills and Senate Bills and their corresponding chapter numbers.
As an added research feature, an individual Act Summary is added preceding each General Law. This summary contains (1) a description of the act, (2) the legislative history of the act, (3) background information, such as the effective date and disposition of the act, (4) the House and Senate committees to which the act was referred, (5) the principal author of the act, and (6) a list of the Code sections affected by the act.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+™ is required to access this content.
Table of Contents
Summary of Acts
Table of Sections Affected