Matthew Bender Practice Guide: New Appleman California Insurance Law
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Distilling more than 90 years of combined experience from four distinguished California insurance law practitioners, this publication explains how to analyze, resolve and litigate key issues that can arise at every stage of an insurance dispute in California. Designed to be a practical tool for daily use, it covers both key general considerations in insurance litigation and issues that arise in the context of specific lines of insurance. The guide combines how-to practice guidance, task-oriented checklists, strategic points, tips, and warnings, in an easy-to-read format. It includes references to current pertinent state and federal legislation, case law, and sources essential to a proper understanding and command of insurance litigation in California.
• The publication is a comprehensive guide to understanding the purpose of insurance, how it is regulated, interpreted and applied in California.
• The publication addresses many of the major types of insurance coverages that are available on the market.
• The publication is written in a way that makes it accessible to first time users or those unfamiliar with insurance issues, as well as in-depth analysis of critical issues needed by experienced practitioners.
• The publication provides crucial insight into litigating insurance issues in California courts, both State and Federal.
• The publication includes up-to-date, practitioner-developed forms and practice tips essential to the litigation of insurance disputes.
• The publication explains, in easy-to-read fashion, the obligations of the parties to insurance contracts and the consequences faced by insureds and insurers should they fail to fulfill them.
• This publication is superior to other insurance guides since it contains greater in depth analysis regarding the interpretation and application of insurance policies under California law. It provides more comprehensive practitioner-focused discussions of key coverage and litigation issues and their outcomes under California law. As such, it gives the reader a deeper understanding of how and why certain results have been reached and thus provides better guidance as to how and why certain results may be reached with regard to their issue(s). In addition, the publication includes up-to-date, practitioner-developed forms and practice tips essential to the litigation of insurance disputes, including extra-contractual claims. As a result, the publication provides a greater and more lasting educational benefit than other guides.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+™ is required to access this content.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 Introduction to Insurance
Chapter 2 Common Approaches to Coverage and Coverage Litigation
Chapter 3 Personal Lines
Chapter 4 Commercial General Liability Insurance
Chapter 5 Commercial Lines
Chapter 6 Professional Lines
Chapter 7 Life, Health, and Disability Insurance
Chapter 8 Rescission and Reformation of Insurance Policies
Chapter 9 Extracontractual Liability
Chapter 10 Excess, Umbrella, and Surplus Lines Insurance
Chapter 11 Deductibles and Self-Insured Retentions
Chapter 12 Conservation, Liquidation, and Guarantee Funds
Chapter 13 Responding to Tender: Investigation, Declination, Reservations of Rights, Independent Counsel, and Declaratory Judgment Actions
Chapter 14 Litigating Insurance Matters
Chapter 15 Commercial Auto