LexisNexis Practice Guide: Washington Trial and Post-Trial Civil Procedure
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
This publication provides practical, step-by-step guidance on all phases of trial and post-trial civil procedure in Washington superior courts, including post-trial motions, up to the point of appeal.
Key features and benefits:
• Practice guidance and tips from Washington practitioners – user benefits from "real world" practical experience, tailored specifically to practice in Washington superior courts.
• Washington statutes, rules, cases, and as appropriate, local procedures and forms.
• Coverage of local rules – many of the practical details of trial procedure are governed by local rules that vary by county; user is alerted to potential local variations in practice.
• Dozens of forms, including forms related to jurors and witnesses, trial motions, forms related to contempt, requests for attorney's fees, and post-trial motions – saves hours of drafting time.
• Provides guidance on current practical issues in trial procedure, including such topics as:
- Voir dire and jurors.
- Public access to courts.
- All type of trial motions.
- Burdens of proof.
- Opening statements and closing argument.
- Dealing with witnesses and evidence.
- Judgments and verdicts, along with attorney's fees and post-trial procedures to prepare for appeal.
LexisNexis Practice Guide: Washington Trial and Post-Trial Civil Procedure was created under the guidance of Editorial Consultants Judge John Erlick (King County Superior Court), and Vanessa Soriano Power, partner in the Seattle office of Stoel Rives LLP, providing the benefit of years of practical experience with civil litigation in the Washington state courts. Washington practitioners wrote and reviewed individual chapters, and provided many practice tips and guidance.
The 2021 edition ISBN is 9781663324252.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are noncancelable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 Preparing for Trial
Chapter 2 Public Access to Trials and Records
Chapter 3 Bench Trials
Chapter 4 Jury Trials
Chapter 5 Compelling Attendance and Handling Witnesses
Chapter 6 Interpreters
Chapter 7 Burdens of Proof and Presumptions, and Inferences
Chapter 8 Opening Statement
Chapter 9 Questioning Witnesses and Objections
Chapter 10 Expert Witnesses
Chapter 11 Motions During Trial
Chapter 12 Contempt
Chapter 13 Closing Argument
Chapter 14 Judgments and Verdicts
Chapter 15 Attorney’s Fees and Costs
Chapter 16 Postjudgment Relief
Table of Cases
Table of Statutes