LexisNexis Practice Guide: Washington Civil Discovery
Select a format
This publication provides practical, step-by-step guidance on all phases of civil discovery in the Washington state superior courts for all attorneys engaged in civil litigation.
Each chapter contains background analysis, forms, practice tips and pointers from Washington practitioners, and procedural checklists. The publication incorporates Washington statutes, rules, cases, and as appropriate, local procedures and forms.
Key features and benefits:
• Practice guidance and tips from Washington practitioners -- user benefits from "real world" practical experience, tailored specifically to practice in the Washington state courts.
• Coverage of local superior court rules -- many of the practical details of discovery practice are governed by local rules that vary from county to county; user is alerted to potential local variations in discovery practice at every step.
• Dozens of discovery forms -- saves hours of drafting time.
• Provides guidance on current practical issues in discovery, including such topics as:
• Discovery of electronically stored information.
• Use of the internet, including social media sites, to conduct "informal" discovery.
• Effect of inadvertent disclosure of privileged information and attorney work product during the discovery process.
LexisNexis Practice Guide: Washington Civil Discovery was created under the guidance of Editorial Consultants Judge Paris Kallas (King County Superior Court, retired) of Judicial Dispute Resolution LLC, and Katie O'Sullivan, partner in the Seattle office of Perkins Coie LLP, providing the benefit of years of practical experience with civil litigation in the Washington state courts. Additional Washington practitioners reviewed individual chapters and provided practice tips and guidance.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Discovery Planning
Chapter 2 Scope of Discovery, Privileges, and Work Product Protection
Chapter 3 Requests for Production and Inspection
Chapter 4 Interrogatories
Chapter 5 Requests for Admission
Chapter 6 Depositions
Chapter 7 Perpetuation of Testimony
Chapter 8 Physical and Mental Examinations
Chapter 9 Discovery of Experts
Chapter 10 Nonparty Discovery--Subpoenas
Chapter 11 Protective Orders
Chapter 12 Motions to Compel
Chapter 13 Discovery Sanctions
Table of Cases
Table of Statutes