LexisNexis Practice Guide: North Carolina Workers' Compensation
Select a format
"This book is incredibly well researched, comprehensive and organized. It is easy to follow and very readable. It would be an excellent resource for any attorney handling workers’ compensation claims, whether they represent employees or employers. I particularly liked the section on Concurrent Laws, covering Social Security disability, ERISA related plans, Medicare, Medicaid and state employee benefits, since this was an excellent review of areas of the law that workers compensation attorneys need to know, but may not be as familiar with on a day-to-day basis."—Bruce Hamilton, Partner, Teague Campbell, Raleigh, NC
LexisNexis Practice Guide North Carolina Workers’ Compensation is designed to assist practitioners and commissioners in the nuts-and-bolts of every day practice within the North Carolina Industrial Commission. The Practice Guide assists practitioners in taking a case from start to finish, spotting the issues when doing so, finding solutions for litigants, and resolving disputes competently.
The Practice Guide offers guidance on:
• How to select cases.
• How to build facts and evidence to support your case.
• How to navigate both the administrative and formal procedures used by the North Carolina Industrial Commission to resolve disputes.
• How to engage in meaningful mediations in efforts to resolve disputes.
• How to reach proper and enforceable settlements.
• How to coordinate workers’ compensation benefits with the myriad of other benefits possibly available to claimants.
• How to appeal and handle the appellate processes.
• How to identify and handle third-party actions relative to underlying workers’ compensation claims.
• How to make vocational rehabilitation meaningful for claimants.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis Advance® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis Advance® is required to access this content.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1, Client Intake
Chapter 2, Discovery
Chapter 3, Informal Proceedings
Chapter 4, Formal Proceedings
Chapter 5, Alternative Dispute Resolution
Chapter 6, Settlements
Chapter 7, Concurrent Laws
Chapter 8, Appeals
Chapter 9, Third-Party Actions
Chapter 10, Rehabilitation