LexisNexis Practice Guide: District of Columbia Workers' Compensation
Select a format
Workers’ compensation law in the District of Columbia derives from a unique historical perspective. This has provided for a rich and varied development over the years, sometimes organic, sometimes punctuated in nature, which continues to this day. LexisNexis Practice Guide: District of Columbia Workers’ Compensation is designed to serve as a conspectus of private sector workers’ compensation law and practice in the District of Columbia. Its purpose as a reference is to assist those professionals involved in the prosecution, defense, processing and adjudication of workers’ compensation claims in the District of Columbia.
The Practice Guide contains:
• A description of the entities and their role within the District of Columbia Department of Employment Services which process and adjudicate workers’ compensation claims.
• A guide for claimants and employers’ counsel to open and handle a claim file and best represent their client.
• Review of procedures and forms essential to the proper and effective prosecution and defense of a claim.
• Examination of legal issues and citation of legal authority pertinent to those issues which may arise at the beginning of or throughout the claim.
• A practitioner’s guide to the benefits structure in the District of Columbia.
• Litigating the claim through appeal.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+™ is required to access this content.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1 ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP: CLAIMANT
CHAPTER 2 ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP: EMPLOYER/INSURER
CHAPTER 3 NOTICE AND CLAIM FILING
CHAPTER 4 AUTHORIZATION/PAYMENT OF BENEFITS: GENERALLY
CHAPTER 5 MEDICAL TREATMENT
CHAPTER 6 LITIGATING THE CLAIM
CHAPTER 7 PRELIMINARY INQUIRIES AS TO COMPENSABILITY
CHAPTER 8 COMPENSABILITY ACCEPTED
CHAPTER 9 COMPENSABILITY DENIED
CHAPTER 10 AVERAGE WEEKLY WAGE
CHAPTER 11 NATURE AND EXTENT OF DISABILITY
CHAPTER 12 SPECIAL FUND
CHAPTER 13 STIPULATIONS
CHAPTER 14 SETTLEMENTS
CHAPTER 15 MODIFICATIONS
CHAPTER 16 THIRD PARTY CLAIMS
CHAPTER 17 ATTORNEYS’ FEES
CHAPTER 18 MEDICARE
CHAPTER 19 CHILD SUPPORT
CHAPTER 20 EMPLOYER POSTINGS