Land Use Law: Zoning in the 21st Century was created to provide land use professionals with practical advice on zoning issues and up-to-date analyses of the legal issues they are likely to encounter in their practice.
These tools go beyond the black letter law and focus on modern examples. In some cases the tools are familiar, but used in unique ways. In others, the circumstances demand truly "outside-the-box" thinking.
A range of modern topics is covered in this volume, including:
• Harmonizing zoning goals
• Promoting economic development
• Managing stormwater
• Promoting pedestrian- and transit-oriented development
• Regulating adult use establishments
• Setting standards for gun sales and use
• Planning for urban agriculture
• Addressing foreclosures and blight
• Zoning for cellular communications
• Regulating hydraulic fracturing
• Planning for wind-generated energy
• Regulating digital signage
Additionally, this volume provides appendices containing checklists, tips and guidelines, as well as sample ordinances, agreements, forms and other documents that land use professionals will find practical and helpful.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis Advance® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis Advance® is required to access this content.