Illinois Civil Procedure
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The total price includes the product(s) listed in the Order Form and any Updates for a limited period (minimum period of 30 days) after the order is placed ("Order Window"). Shipping and handling fees are not included in the grand total price.
All shipments may be returned, at subscribers' expense, for full credit of the Price within 30 days of receipt.
Shipments may not be returned, and no credits will be issued, more than 30 days after receipt.
After the Order Window, subscribers will receive notice of Updates along with the then-current grand total price and order process as Updates become available. Subscribers will only be shipped those Updates they specifically request.
View a sample of this title using the ReadNow feature
Illinois Civil Procedure, 2022-2023 Edition, interweaves expert analysis of topics and practice guidance to aid practitioners with a case from pretrial through appellate review. Distilling the experience of prominent Illinois Professor Jeffrey Parness, this product offers targeted practical guidance for the Illinois litigator working in the many facets of civil procedure. Topically organized, this title covers:
• The Illinois Court System
• Choice of Law
• Timing Requirements
• Subject Matter and Personal Jurisdiction
• Pleading a Cause of Action
• Provisional Remedies
• Responsive Motions
• Answers to Affirmative Pleadings
• Joinder of Parties and Claims
• Formal Discovery
• Informal Discovery
• Gathering and Disclosing Electronically Stored Information
• Summary Judgment
• Case Management Orders
• Dismissals and Settlements
• Alternative Dispute Resolution
• Appellate Review
• Res Judicata
• Collateral Estoppel
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are noncancelable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.
Table of contents
• Chapter 1 The Illinois Court System
• Chapter 2 Choice of Law
• Chapter 3 Timing Requirements for Civil Actions in the Illinois Circuit Courts: Limitations, Repose, and the Like
• Chapter 4 Subject Matter Jurisdiction of the Illinois Circuit Courts
• Chapter 5 Alternatives to Circuit Court Adjudication
• Chapter 6 Personal Jurisdiction
• Chapter 7 Venue
• Chapter 8 Pleading a Cause of Action: The Content and Form of Affirmative Pleadings
• Chapter 9 Provisional Remedies: Relief Pending Final Adjudication
• Chapter 10 Defending Against a Cause of Action: Responsive Motions and Pleadings
• Chapter 11 Amendments to Pleadings
• Chapter 12 Simple Joinder of Claims and Parties
• Chapter 13 Complex Joinder of Claims and Parties
• Chapter 14 Formal Discovery
• Chapter 15 Informal Information Gathering: Prelawsuit and Postlawsuit
• Chapter 16 Gathering and Disclosing Electronically Stored Information
• Chapter 17 Summary Judgment
• Chapter 18 Case Management Conferences
• Chapter 19 Involuntary Dismissals and Defaults
• Chapter 20 Voluntary Dismissals and Settlements
• Chapter 21 Court-Supervised Alternative Dispute Resolution: Arbitration and Mediation
• Chapter 22 Jury Trials and Bench Trials
• Chapter 23 Structure of Civil Trials
• Chapter 24 Judgments: Entry, Enforcement, and Modification
• Chapter 25 Sanctions for Civil Litigation Misconduct
• Chapter 26 Review in the Circuit Courts
• Chapter 27 Review in the Appellate Court
• Chapter 28 Review in the Supreme Court
• Chapter 29 Res Judicata
• Chapter 30 Collateral Estoppel
• Chapter 31 Other Effects of Judgments
• Appendix: Annotated Bibliography
• Table of Cases
• Table of Statutes