Franchise Law Compliance Manual
Select a format
The Franchise Law Compliance Manual represents an essential addition to every franchise lawyer's library. Designed as a working tool for both corporate franchise lawyers and outside counsel, The Franchise Law Compliance Manual is a practical, comprehensive guide to establishing and maintaining a successful corporate compliance program. From intellectual property to termination, this updated and expanded guide covers every aspect of franchise law and will help you protect the franchisor's property, limit liability, and prepare for and limit the inevitable tensions of a franchise system.
Balanced coverage from in-house and outside counsel
To ensure complete, well-rounded coverage of the topics, each chapter was prepared by two attorneys --- one an in-house corporate counsel, and the other an outside counsel to franchisors. The same pattern was chosen in selecting the Manual's editors. The result of these collaborative efforts: a manual unparalleled in scope and breadth of coverage of franchise law from a compliance perspective.
The book also includes:
• Numerous checklists and forms regarding all aspects of franchise law
• New section on compliance in the age of international franchising
• General overview of federal and state laws and regulations on franchising
• Tips on proper document filing and control, monitoring sales compliance policies, and record management
• Detailed guidance on how to create, organize, update, and monitor an Operating Manual
• Tools to assess termination, transfer, and nonrenewal issues, as well as sample letters and agreements