Florida Real Property Sales Transactions
Select a format
Florida Real Property Sales Transactions covers all the issues a practitioner is likely to encounter when involved in a real property sales transaction in Florida: from the initial attorney-client discussion about clauses in a contract for sale and purchase, to the documents required at a closing, as well as most points in between.
Highlights of the New Edition include:
- Updated rules, statutes, and recent case law.
- New material on remote online notarizations and closings, and using escrows to address conflicts between sellers and buyers.
- New forms, including the FR/FB Contract (FR/FB-5x) and Comprehensive Riders (CR-5x), and the FR Contract for Residential Sale and Purchase (CRSP-16) and CRSP-16 Addenda.
- Rewrites of sections on land trusts, REITs, vesting of title, trustee conveyances, the BTIITF, and possibility of reverter.
- Updates on the obligations of personal representatives, and express and implied covenants
- Elaboration on mortgage guarantees, LIBOR, conditions precedent to closing, conveyances, homesteads, elective share, property descriptions, title insurance, and ownership for same-sex couples.
- Expanded coverage on protecting commissions in commercial sales, buyers’ rights, easements, licenses, and restrictive covenants.
- Clarification of terms and case descriptions.
Visit our Real Property website for a complete list of The Bar’s Rules of Procedure related titles.
Visit our Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Publications website for a complete list of The Bar’s titles.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.
The 9th Edition ISBN is 9781522139515.
Table of Contents
1. Attorneys' Concerns In Residential Real Property Sales Purchase And Sale
2. Real Estate Licensees
Juana Carstarphen Watkins and Joel Maxson
3. Basic Agreement
Legal Publications Staff
4. Mortgage Financing
Gary Kaleita and Mark Heimendinger
5. The Closing
G. Todd Cottrill
6. Recording, Notice, and Priority
John D. Ruffier and Matthew W. McMurtrey
7. Authority To Convey And Execution Of Deeds
Jana L. Armstrong
8. Property Descriptions
Guy W. Norris
9. Express and Implied Covenants and Warranties Contained In Deeds
Hal H. Kantor and Amanda R. Caruso
10. Property Subject To Easements, Dedications, Licenses, and Restrictions
John N. Redding
11. Title Considerations
John N. Redding
Frank S. Shaw, III