Florida Condominium and Community Association Law
Select a format
Florida Condominium and Community Association Law, Third Edition, provides a comprehensive treatment of current legal practice, including a detailed review of timeshare condominiums, alternative dispute resolution, association concerns, forms and procedures from the Division of Florida Land Sales, Condominiums, and Mobile Homes, as well as information concerning homeowners' associations and ancillary matters.
Highlights of the Third Edition include:
- Complete reorganization and update of manual, providing a detailed analysis of the Condominium Act, F.S. Chapter 718, and the Homeowners' Association Act, F.S. Chapter 720.
- New/Hot Topics:
- Brand new Termination Chapter 10.
- Brand new Bankruptcy section in Chapter 16.
- The extension of the automatic sunset provision of the Distressed Condominium Relief Act, F.S. 718.701 et seq.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution, Voluntary Mediation, and Mandatory Nonbinding Arbitration
- Condominium exemption from the Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act, 15 U.S.C. §§1701 et seq.
- Retroactive application of F.S. 718.404(2) held unconstitutional by the Supreme Court of Florida. Grand Condominium Association, Inc., 62 So.3d 1120 (Fla. 2011).
- Timeshare Transfer Interest Services
- Notices of Board of Directors meetings and membership meetings via electronic transmission or e-mail pursuant to F.S. 718.112 and F.S. 720.303.
- Electronic voting pursuant to F.S. 718.128 and F.S. 720.317.
- Validity of Amendments to Condominium Documents and Consent to Amendments by Mortgagees.
- Amendments to Homeowners' Association Documents
- The Florida Supreme Court's upholding of a Trial Court's Inherent Authority to Appoint Equitable Receiver. Granada Lakes Villas Condominium Ass'n, Inc. v. Mtro-Dade Investments Co., 125 So.3d 756 (Fla. 2013).
- The "Safe Harbor" provision pursuant to F.S. 718.116.
- Application of F.S. 720.3085 as it relates to joint and several liability for unpaid assessments held unconstitutional. Pudlit 2 Joint Venture, LLP v. Westwood Gardens Homeowners Ass'n, Inc., 169 So.3d 145 (Fla. 4th DCA 2015).
- Extension of Implied Warranties of Fitness and Merchantability to Improvements that Provide Essential Services to the Habitability of a Residence. Maronda Homes, Inc. of Florida v. Lakeview Reserve Homeowners Ass'n, Inc., 127 So.3d 1258 (Fla. 2013).
- Updated statutes, rules, and case law.
- Newly Revised Contracts & Forms:
- Purchase Contract
- Sample Declaration and Commentary
- Sample Articles of Incorporation
- Sample Bylaws
- Second Notice of Annual Meeting (No Election)
- Notice With Agenda For Annual Meeting And Election Of Directors
- Notice With Agenda For Annual Meeting (No Election)
- General Proxy
- Statutory Form of Condominium Association Notice of Intent to Record a Claim of Lien
- Statutory Form of Homeowners' Association Notice of Intent to Record a Claim of Lien.
- Statutory Form of Condominium Association Notice of Delinquent Assessment.
- Statutory Form of Homeowners' Association Notice of Delinquent Assessment.
Visit our Real Property website for a complete list of The Bar's Rules of Procedure related titles.
Visit our Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Publications website for a complete list of The Bar's titles.
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.
Table of Contents
1. Concept Of Condominium and Homeowner Association Ownership
William P. Sklar
2. Division Of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, And Mobile Homes
Karl M. Scheuerman
3. Planning And Structuring Of Real Estate Developments Using Condominium And Community Associations
Charles D. Brecker and Margaret A. Rolando
4. Prospectus, Contract, And Ancillary Documents
Nicole C. Kibert and Robert S. Freedman
5. Specific Types Of Condominiums
6. Timeshare Condominiums
Robert S. Freedman
7. Creating The Fee Simple Condominium
Richard D. DeBoest II and Sean M. Ellis
8. Association Organizational Documents
Joseph E. Adams
David A. Kobrin and Sandra E. Krumbein
11. The Role Of The Association In Condominium Operations
Lisa A. Lerner, Roberto C. Blanch, and Ivette Machado Blanch
12. Unit Owner Rights And Responsibilities
Peter S. Sachs
13. Document Amendments and Mergers
Chad M. McClenathen
14. Insurance Issues
Jay Steven Levine
15. Alternative Dispute Resolution
Michael J. Gelfand and Karl Scheuerman
16. Condominium And Homeowners' Association Liens and Bankruptcy
Michael J. Gelfand, Joanne Gelfand, and Steven Newburgh
17. Construction Defect Litigation
Steven B. Lesser, William E. Stockman, and Michele C. Ammendola
Laws Of Florida
Attorney General Opinions
Florida Administrative Code
Rules For Court Appointed Arbitrators
Florida Rules Of Civil Procedure
Florida Rules Of Judicial Administration
Florida Rules For Certified and Court Appointed Mediators Florida
Small Claims Rules
Rules Regulating The Florida Bar
United States Constitution United
States Code United
States Public Laws
Code Of Federal Regulations Federal
Federal Rules of Civil Procedure