Energy Law and Transactions
Select a format
The Most Complete Treatise of Its Kind
Energy Law and Transactions covers the energy industry, all traditional energy sources, such as oil, gas, electricity, and coal, as well as nontraditional energy technologies and sources, such as hydroelectricity, solar, nuclear, biomass, and cogeneration. These energy sources and technologies are discussed from cradle to grave--that is, from exploration and production through transmission, distribution, and final consumption by the end-user.
Energy Law and Transactions is the perfect reference and transactional resource for anyone interested in knowing the legal and business-related aspects of energy transactions. Practically written with model forms, tariffs, checklists, illustrations, and tables, it is the ideal tool for the energy practitioner involved with the preparation of energy contracts (from leases to contracts for the buying and selling energy), mergers and acquisitions, antitrust, tax, commodities, accounting, business, consulting, public utilities, and international transactions.
This indispensable resource offers coverage of the following materials, generally not available in another single source:
• Spot market, brokering and energy futures transactions
• Wheeling of electricity, transportation of gas (natural, SNG, LNG) and oil (via pipeline and tanker)
• Application of antitrust laws to energy transactions
• Practice and Procedure chapters on discovery, recovery of attorneys' fees, Freedom of Information Act, judicial review, preemption and settlements
• Energy financing and bankruptcy
• International energy transactions
Included as part of this set is The Energy Handbook, featuring:
• Directories of regulatory agencies, companies and associations involved with energy;
• Internet resources and energy conversion tools; and
• A comprehensive, illustrated glossary of energy terms, with over 4,500 definitions!
The Industry Standard
Benefit from the knowledge of more than 100 energy law experts who have contributed to this comprehensive treatise. Energy Law and Transactions has also been frequently cited by the courts.
First published in 1990. Updated twice annually.
Table of Contents
1 Basic Energy Facts and Legal Principles
2 Energy Transactions and Business Planning
3 Energy Financing
4 Energy Taxation
5 Conventional Energy Sources: Production, Transmission, Distribution, and End Uses
6 Conventional Energy Sources: Production, Transmission, Distribution, and End Uses (Cont.)
7 New Energy Technologies
8 Transportation of Energy
10 Energy and the Environment
12 Practice and Procedure Unique to Energy Transactions
13 International Energy Transactions
14 The Energy Handbook