Employment Law Deskbook
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Written by Shawe & Rosenthal, a law firm with a nationwide practice in management labor and employment law, located in Baltimore, MD. This firm represents thirty Fortune 500 companies throughout the United States. This handy deskbook will make employment law accessible to the human resources professional.
• Covers every stage of the employer/employee relationship, from the initial employment application through termination
• Written in a clear, straightforward manner offering solid guidance for complying with the law and for recognizing those practices that may give rise to legal action
• Discusses the entire range of important issues confronting employers: drug and alcohol testing, sexual harassment claims, employee benefits
• Incorporates practical material throughout including checklists, charts, tables and sample forms
• Provides a state-by-state summary of key employment-related statutes
Also available on Authority Employment Law Library CD-ROM.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+™ is required to access this content.
Table of contents
5. Performance Evaluations
7. Wages, Hours and Compensation
8. Terms, Conditions, and Privileges of Employment
9. Discipline and Discharge
10. Layoffs, Reductions in Force and Plant Closings
11. Safety and Health
12. Unemployment Compensation
13. Workers' Compensation
14. Employee Benefits Laws
15. Written Employment and Termination Agreements
16. Common Law Claims
17. Labor Relations
18. Equal Employment Opportunity Statutes and Regulations
19. Affirmative Action
20. Drug and Alcohol Policies and Testing
21. Record Retention
22. Posting Agency Notices
23. State Labor and Employment Law Summary
24. Privacy in the Workplace
25. Preventing and Investigating Sexual Harassment Claims
26. Americans With Disabilities Act
27. Alternative Dispute Resolution
28. Determining Independent Contractor Versus Employee Status
29. Business and Employment Immigration
Table of Cases