Dorsaneo, Texas Litigation Guide
Since it was first published in 1977, Texas Litigation Guide has become an indispensable resource for Texas litigators. Dorsaneo, Texas Litigation Guide gives you the value of superior content and coverage. The guide is cited frequently by Texas courts and updated four times per year, while the competing publication from West is updated only once per year. This step-by-step guide also offers a comprehensive collection of litigation forms--from letters and notices to discovery requests, motions, petitions and appellate forms--to save you hours of time preparing pleadings, motions, petitions, and other forms.
• Concise, yet authoritative, analysis of Texas law, cited regularly by Texas courts
• Step-by-step procedural and drafting guides
• Hundreds of forms covering virtually any document needed for litigation in Texas courts
Important developments reflected in recent updates:
• New Texas Estates Code, replacing the Probate Code, effective January 1, 2014.
• Other 2013 legislation affecting a variety of topics including trade secret protection, defamation damages, health care liability claims, liability for negligent hiring, subrogation of insurance claims, attorney's fee recovery in divorce cases, child support duties, and property tax litigation, among other topics.
• New e-filing system for Texas courts, effective January 1, 2014 for the largest counties and rolling out to all counties by July 1, 2016.
• New civil rules requiring dismissal of civil actions having no basis in law or fact, effective March 1, 2013.
• New court rules for expediting civil cases involving $100,000 or less, effective March 1, 2013.
• Entirely new rules governing proceedings in the justice courts, effective August 31, 2013.
• Numerous Texas Supreme Court decisions in the areas of medical malpractice, governmental immunity and tort claims, termination of parental rights, and workers compensation, among other topics.
From commercial litigation to family law, personal injury to real estate, litigators in virtually every practice area know to rely on Texas Litigation Guide to find what they need to effectively handle any civil case.
The premier authority for more than 35 years.
Procedural guidance along with every form you need.
Attorney-friendly organization walks you through cases.
The eBook version of this title features links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.
Table of Contents
Unit I Pretrial Practice (Chs. 1-114)
Division I Prelitigation Planning (Chs. 1-4)
Division II Plaintiff s Pleadings (Chs. 10-14)
Division III General Claims for Relief (Chs. 20-22)
Division IV Commencement of Actions; Service of Citation (Chs. 30-32)
Division V Extraordinary Remedies; Special Proceedings (Chs. 40-46)
Division VI Equitable Remedies (Chs. 50-55)
Division VII Forum Selection (Chs. 60-64)
Division VIII Defendant s Pleadings (Chs. 70-72)
Division IX Joinder of Additional Parties (Chs. 80-82)
Division X Discovery (Chs. 90-99)
Division XI Pretrial Disposition (Chs. 100-104)
Division XII Pretrial Procedure (Chs. 110-114)
Unit II Trial Practice (Chs. 120-135)
Division I Trial Procedure (Chs. 120-123)
Division II Judgment (Chs. 130-135)
Unit III Appellate Practice (Chs. 140-154)
Division I Preservation of Complaints; Prerequisites for Appeal (Chs. 140-141)
Division II Appellate Procedure (Chs. 145-154)
Unit IV Pleadings in Business Entity Litigation (Chs. 160-205)
Division I Business Corporations (Chs. 160-165)
Division II Corporate Securities (Chs. 170-172)
Division III Partnerships and Joint Ventures (Chs. 180-183)
Division IV Associations (Chs. 190-191)
Division V Business Relationships (Chs. 200-205)
Unit V Pleadings in Commercial Litigation (Chs. 210-242)
Division I Contracts and Sales (Chs. 210-216)
Division II Deceptive Practices and Warranties (Chs. 220-222)
Division III Financing Division III (Chs. 230-236)
Division IV Collection (Chs. 240-242)
Unit VI Pleadings in Real Estate Litigation (Chs. 250-285)
Division I Title Acquisition (Chs. 250-257)
Division II Governmental Claims (Chs. 260-261)
Division III Improvement of Realty (Chs. 270-271)
Division IV Involvement of Third Parties (Chs. 280-285)
Unit VII Pleadings in Personal Injury Litigation (Chs. 290-351)
Division I General Negligence Liability (Chs. 290-293)
Division II Vehicles (Chs. 300-302)
Division III Owners and Occupiers of Land (Chs. 310-311)
Division IV Goods and Services (Chs. 320-323)
Division V Intentional Torts (Chs. 330-337)
Division VI Insurance Litigation (Chs. 340-345)
Division VII Federal Rights of Employees (Chs. 350-351)
Unit VIII Family Code Litigation (Chs. 360-382)
Division I Dissolution Procedures (Chs. 360-364)
Division II Custody and Support (Chs. 370-374)
Division III Paternity, Termination, and Adoption (Chs. 380-382)
Unit IX Estates Code Litigation (Chs. 390-415)
Division I Commencement of Proceedings (Chs. 390-394)
Division II Administration of Estate (Chs. 400-402)
Division III Guardianship (Chs. 410-411)
Division IV Mental Health (Ch. 415)
Unit X Administrative Proceedings (Chs. 420-425)
Chapter 420 Introduction To Administrative Agencies
Chapter 421 Administrative Rules
Chapter 422 Contested Cases
Chapter 423 Judicial Review Of Contested Cases
Chapter 424 Direct Judicial Proceedings
Chapter 425 Resolving State Contract Disputes