Cyber Risks, Social Media and Insurance: A Guide to Risk Assessment and Management
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The total price includes the product(s) listed in the Order Form and any Updates for a limited period (minimum period of 30 days) after the order is placed ("Order Window"). Shipping and handling fees are not included in the grand total price.
All shipments may be returned, at subscribers' expense, for full credit of the Price within 30 days of receipt.
Shipments may not be returned, and no credits will be issued, more than 30 days after receipt.
After the Order Window, subscribers will receive notice of Updates along with the then-current grand total price and order process as Updates become available. Subscribers will only be shipped those Updates they specifically request.
View a sample of this title using the ReadNow feature
The publication provides unique and indispensable guidance to all in the insurance industry, other businesses and their counsel in identifying and understanding the risks -- notably including cyber risks -- they face by using social media in the business world and mitigating those risks through a compilation of best practices by industry experts and rulings by courts and regulatory authorities. It features analyses of pertinent policies, statutes, and cases.
A few of the Highlights in the 2022-2023 Edition include:
• Discussion of developing litigation against social media companies for censoring of online postings.
• Discussion of how informal social media discovery is the new norm and may also be a dereliction of an attorney’s duty if an attorney fails to perform social media searches.
• Discussion of recent developments in underwriting for cyber and social media risks.
• Analysis of recent case law addressing insurers’ utilization of price optimization.
• Analysis of recent case law concerning liability in connection with the use of social media.
• Discussion of the Strengthening American Cybersecurity Act, which brings in sweeping changes to the federal legal landscape regarding cybersecurity and cyber incident response within critical infrastructure sectors.
• Assessing the impact of Artificial Intelligence risks on the insurance industry.
• Examining developments in emerging technologies, including virtual reality and augmented reality, and their impact on insurance.
• Discussion of the Cyberspace Solarium Commission and the “CSC 2.0 Project.”
• Discussion of anticipated changes to the National Labor Relations Board’s policies for employers’ work rules concerning employee use of social media.
The 2021-2022 edition ISBN is 9781663320834.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are noncancelable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.
Table of contents
CHAPTER 1 EVOLUTION OF SOCIAL MEDIA
CHAPTER 2 HOW INSURERS ARE USING SOCIAL MEDIA
CHAPTER 3 RISKS ARISING FROM THE USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA
CHAPTER 4 THE IMPACT OF SOCIAL MEDIA ON INSURANCE PRODUCERS
CHAPTER 5 IMPACT OF SOCIAL MEDIA ON INSURANCE REGULATION
CHAPTER 6 MITIGATING THE RISKS OF SOCIAL MEDIA USE
CHAPTER 7 CYBER RISKS AND EXPOSURES
CHAPTER 8 LAWS AND REGULATIONS FOR CYBER RISKS
CHAPTER 9 CYBER RISK MITIGATION, INSURANCE AND COVERAGE LITIGATION
CHAPTER 10 PREDICTIONS
TABLE OF CASES
TABLE OF STATUTES