Counseling Unmarried Couples: A Guide to Effective Legal Representation E-Book
Select a format
This new, revised and expanded edition of Counseling Unmarried Couples will give you the tools you need to serve the legal needs of this growing segment of society. Beyond summing up legal rules and writing competent agreements, a representative of this market needs to integrate and interpret the legal rules for your clients in a realistic, comprehensible, and meaningful manner. Only by doing so can you effectively guide your clients, heterosexual and homosexual, in making wise decisions about their homes, their children, and their assets.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+™ is required to access this content.
Table of Contents
• Living apart, living together
• and the option of marriage
• Covering their assets: debts, liability, insurance
• Tax consequences, liabilities and benefits
• Real estate ownership and management
• Cohabitation and financial agreements
• The rules and practices of parentage
• Illness and disability planning
• Estate planning concerns and practices
• Moving on: the substantive legal doctrines