Careers in IP Law: Avenues and Opportunities
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Careers in IP Law offers a "day-in-the-life" guide with advice from expert intellectual property practitioners. The book helps students and those who are changing careers and provides detailed information on different practice areas: patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, and new media. Careers in IP Law covers a key focus on employment opportunities, including a listing of career-related resources and relevant publications.
Table of Contents
• Getting Your Feet Wet: An Introduction to Intellectual Property Law and Practice
• Get Ready, Get Set: Preparing to Practice Intellectual Property Law during Law School or Preparing to Make a Change as an Established Lawyer
• Promoting the Progress of Science . . . Patent Law as a Specialty
• And the Useful Arts: Copyright Law as a Specialty
• What's in a Name?: Trademark Law as a Specialty
• IP Goes Incognito: Trade Secret Law as a Specialty
• What Now?: Common Intellectual Property Practice Areas
• The Sky's the Limit: Employment Opportunities for Intellectual Property Lawyers
• Lessons from the Trenches: Advice from Practitioners
• Diving In: How to Get Involved in the ABA Section of Intellectual Property Law (ABA-IPL)
• Additional Sources of Information
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+™ is required to access this content.