Anderson's Ohio Manual of Criminal Complaints and Indictments
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
LexisNexis is pleased to offer to the legal and law enforcement community the latest edition of Anderson’s Ohio Manual of Criminal Complaints and Indictments. This manual provides both police and prosecutors an easy-to-use format for the filing of criminal charges and preparing indictments that will be viable in court. The appendix provides sample forms that conform to the policies expressed in the Criminal Rules.
Being completely revised annually, this important resource provides instant access to the most accurate and up-to-date charging information—containing complete language for all offenses in Title 29 of the Ohio Revised Code, as well as important statutory definitions. This manual presents practical notes to assist law enforcement officials in making crucial charging and indictment decisions. Essential information on appropriate selection of charges in individual cases is included, as well as penalties, affirmative defenses, and statutory definitions. The Manual is annually updated in order to give attorneys and law enforcement professionals a comprehensive, current and useful manual listing all statutes and defining substantive criminal offenses as they are in a constant state of flux. Laws are repealed, amended and new statutes are enacted throughout the year. Every effort is made to provide the reader with the most current and accurate charging instruments, based on up-to-date statutes.
This manual should be used hand-in-hand with the current drafting of the Ohio Revised Code (Title 29: Crimes-Procedure) to determine make sure the statute defining the offense and its penalties is the one in effect at the time the offense occurred. Using both these resources will allow the criminal practitioner to draft the charge based on the most current, up-to-date statute.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are noncancelable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.
Table of contents
• Chapter 2901: General Provisions
• Chapter 2903: Homicide and Assault
• Chapter 2905: Kidnapping and Extortion
• Chapter 2907: Sex Offenses
• Chapter 2909: Arson and Related Offenses
• Chapter 2911: Robbery, Burglary, Trespass and Safecracking
• Chapter 2913: Theft and Fraud
• Chapter 2915: Gambling
• Chapter 2917: Offenses Against The Public Peace
• Chapter 2919: Offenses Against The Family
• Chapter 2921: Offenses Against Justice and Public Administration
• Chapter 2923: Conspiracy, Attempt and Complicity; Weapons Control; Corrupt Activity
• Chapter 2925: Drug Offenses
• Chapter 2927: Miscellaneous Chapter 29 Offenses
• Chapter 2933: Peace Warrants, Search Warrants
• Chapter 2935: Arrest, Citation, and Disposition Alternatives
• Chapter 2937: Preliminary Examination; Bail
• Chapter 2939: Grand Juries
• Chapter 2941: Pending Specifications
• Chapter 2945: Trials
• Chapter 2950: Sex Offenders
• Chapter 2971: Sentencing of Sexually Violent Predators
• Chapter 2981: Forfeiture Law
• Appendix A: Assigning a Culpable Mental State to Fill Statutory Voids
• Appendix B: Sample Forms