Careers in IP Law: Avenues and Opportunities
Select a format
Careers in IP Law offers a "day-in-the-life" guide with advice from expert intellectual property practitioners. The book helps students and those who are changing careers and provides detailed information on different practice areas: patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, and new media. Careers in IP Law covers a key focus on employment opportunities, including a listing of career-related resources and relevant publications.
Table of Contents
• Getting Your Feet Wet: An Introduction to Intellectual Property Law and Practice
• Get Ready, Get Set: Preparing to Practice Intellectual Property Law during Law School or Preparing to Make a Change as an Established Lawyer
• Promoting the Progress of Science . . . Patent Law as a Specialty
• And the Useful Arts: Copyright Law as a Specialty
• What's in a Name?: Trademark Law as a Specialty
• IP Goes Incognito: Trade Secret Law as a Specialty
• What Now?: Common Intellectual Property Practice Areas
• The Sky's the Limit: Employment Opportunities for Intellectual Property Lawyers
• Lessons from the Trenches: Advice from Practitioners
• Diving In: How to Get Involved in the ABA Section of Intellectual Property Law (ABA-IPL)
• Additional Sources of Information
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis Advance® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis Advance® is required to access this content.