LexisNexis Practice Guide: Florida DUI Law
Select a format
With its easy-to-navigate table of contents, concise on-point writing, and abundant practical features, LexisNexis Practice Guide: Florida DUI Law provides an excellent source to help attorneys find answers to their questions about Florida DUI practice.
• Appendix of forms contains dozens of sample forms attorneys can readily adapt for use in their practice.
• Warnings, timing alerts, strategic points, and exceptions point out potential issues and help prevent practice missteps.
• Checklists help ensure attorneys don't overlook important considerations or procedural steps in building a case.
• Coauthor is well-known as expert in Florida DUI law. Practice guide combines on-point coverage of the law with practical, "how to" insights developed through author's years of practice experience.
• Annual updating with replacement volumes ensures that all coverage remains current.
Coauthor Robert S. Reiff has more than 30 years of experience representing clients accused of DUI and other criminal offenses. He was the only DUI/DWI lawyer named by "Best Lawyers in Florida" for 2016 and was among just six attorneys selected as Super Lawyers in the Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI section for 2016.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1 THE BASICS OF DUI
CHAPTER 1A THE STOP AND ARREST
CHAPTER 2 PHYSICAL SOBRIETY EXERCISES
CHAPTER 3 ROADBLOCKS AND SOBRIETY CHECKPOINTS
CHAPTER 3A REFUSAL TO SUBMIT TO TESTING AND FLORIDA’S IMPLIED CONSENT LAWS
CHAPTER 4 BREATH AND URINE TESTING
CHAPTER 4A BLOOD TESTING
CHAPTER 4B LIMITATIONS ON DUI PROSECUTIONS: THE DOUBLE JEOPARDY CLAUSE AND THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS
CHAPTER 5 ADMINISTRATIVE DRIVER’S LICENSE HEARINGS
CHAPTER 5A JURY SELECTION
CHAPTER 6 CROSS-EXAMINATION OF THE ARRESTING OFFICER
CHAPTER 6A DUI AND THE ENTRAPMENT, NECESSITY AND SLEEP DISORDER DEFENSES
CHAPTER 6B EXPERT WITNESSES
CHAPTER 6C THE CLOSING ARGUMENT
CHAPTER 6D JURY INSTRUCTIONS
CHAPTER 6E ALCOHOL-RELATED ACCIDENTS AND FELONY DUI
CHAPTER 7 ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION AND RECONSTRUCTION
CHAPTER 8 BOATING UNDER THE INFLUENCE
CHAPTER 8A DUI AND DRUG RECOGNITION
CHAPTER 8B SENTENCING
CHAPTER 9 SELLING YOURSELF TO THE DUI CLIENT
CHAPTER 10 THE COLLATERAL CONSEQUENCES OF A DUI CASE--ISSUES TO BE AWARE OF
CHAPTER 11 DUI IN A CIVIL CONTEXT
CHAPTER 12 TOP TWENTY TIPS FOR DEFENDING DUI CASES