Adoption, Paternity, And Other Florida Family Practice
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Adoption, Paternity, and Other Florida Family Practice covers areas of marital and family law beyond dissolution of marriage, including adoption, paternity, rights and disabilities of minors, temporary custody proceedings, and change of name, and complements the other manuals in The Florida Bar's family law series.
Highlights of the Fourteenth Edition include:
- Updated rules, statutes, and recent case law.
- New forms, including an Emergency Verified Motion for Child Pick-up Order, and a form for Order Appointing GAL.
- Updated material on the definition of kin, DNA testing, and minors and abortion consent, and new online resources pertaining to military service.
- New section on intervention in adoption proceedings.
- Rewrites of the chapters on Adoption and Effects of Military Service.
- Rewrites of sections on the homestead exemption and head of family exemption, tort immunity, and domestic partnerships.
- Elaboration on interspousal confidential communications, consent requirements in concurrent custody proceedings, modification or termination of custody orders, jurisdictional exceptions in dependency proceedings, modification of child support, parental control of children, DCF's authority to consent to medical care of minors, agreements for support among cohabitants, constructive trusts in the context of cohabitation, and alimony in the context of cohabitation.
- Clarification of terms and case descriptions.
Visit our Family Law website for a complete list of The Bar's Family Law related titles.
Visit our The Florida Bar Legal Publications website for a complete list of The Bar's titles.
The 13th Edition ISBN was 9781522187394.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are noncancelable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® service for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+ is required to access this content.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 Marriage
Robert Stone Jeffrey
Chapter 2 Adoption
Stephen H. Price
Chapter 3 Temporary And Concurrent Custody Of Children
Hon. Gary P. Flower
Chapter 4 Paternity
Elizabeth M. Edwards
Chapter 5 Birth Establishment
Robert Stone Jeffrey
Chapter 6 Change Of Name
Gary P. Flower
Chapter 7 Rights, Disabilities, And Property Of Minors
Sarah J. Campbell
Chapter 8 Effects Of Military Service
Laura M. Arcaro, Timothy Lee Arcaro
Chapter 9 Surrogacy And Related Matters
Mary K. Wimsett
Chapter 10 Interspousal Tort Liability
Ashley Elizabeth Taylor
Chapter 11 Cohabitation
Robert Stone Jeffrey