Florida Real Property Complex Transactions
Select a format
View a sample of this title using the ReadNow feature
From sales and leases of commercial property to subdivision development to mobile home park conversions, Florida Real Property Complex Transactions provides practical, step-by-step guidance for negotiating and drafting the necessary documents to complete these multifaceted transactions. A discussion of federal and state laws governing these complex transactions includes the impact of sales taxes, intangible taxes, and documentary stamp taxes. The manual contains countless sample provisions and forms, along with checklists and practice pointers to ensure that all significant issues have been considered in these complex transactions. The 2013 edition of this manual is an invaluable asset for all real estate transaction lawyers.
Highlights of the Eighth Edition include:
- Updated statutes, rules, regulations, and case law.
- Newly Revised Contracts & Forms:
- Purchase Agreement Provisions — New Defeasance Provision.
- Construction of Premises — New Alternate Provisions.
- Hot Topics:
- HUD's removal of its regulations previously authorized under the Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act, and transfer to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. See 79 FR 34224-01.
- Construction of Shopping Center & Premises — New discussion on approach to construction pursuant to master building permits.
- Discussion regarding post-2000 trend of "stores-within-stores" and restrictive covenants.
- The expansion of exemptions from registration requirements under the Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act — Newly created condominium unit exemption. See 15 U.S.C. § 1702(b).
- Vertical Separation in Ownership of Mixed-Use Projects & Separate Real Estate Taxation.
- Mobile Home Parks & Post-Closing Considerations.
- The Exemption of a Conveyance of a Life Estate from Documentary Tax.
Visit our Real Property website for a complete list of The Bar's Rules of Procedure related titles.
Visit our Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Publications website for a complete list of The Bar's titles.
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Drafting And Negotiating Purchase And Sale Contracts For Commercial Properties
Jan W. Pitchford
Chapter 2 Shopping Centers, Office Buildings, And Industrial Properties-Showrooms
Michael D. Katz, Erica L. English,and Shari D. Ben Moussa
Chapter 3 Hotels, Motels, Restaurants, And Marinas
Richard S. McIver
Chapter 4 Subdivisions
Jana L. Armstrong
Chapter 5 Financing Of Commercial Real Estate
Michael J. Virgadamo
Chapter 6 Acreage And Timberlands
Guy W. Norris and John E. Norris
Guy W. Norris and John E. Norris
Chapter 7 Oil, Gas, And Minerals
Chapter 8 Waterfront Property
Eric A. Jacobs
Chapter 9 Mixed-Use Communities And Mixed-Use Buildings
Richard C. Grant and Cheryl L. Hastings
Chapter 10 Leases
Arthur J. Menor
Chapter 11 Mobile Home Parks
Richard S. Webb IV, Scott E. Gordon, and David D. Eastman
Chapter 12 Environmental Issues In Real Estate Transactions
Roger D. Schwenke
Chapter 13 Florida Documentary Stamp Taxes
Chapter 14 Florida Intangible Tax
Russell B. Hale
Chapter 15 Overview Of Like-Kind Exchanges And Tenancy In Common Transactions
Manuel A. Fernandez