View a sample of this title using the ReadNow feature
Florida Administrative Practice, Thirteenth Edition is the only practice manual to provide an in-depth discussion of the procedural aspects of Florida administrative litigation. The Administrative Procedure Act is a dynamic area of the law, and the new Thirteenth Edition brings you up-to-date with the most recent developments in this area, including:
- Updated rules, statutes, and recent case law—including the complete Uniform Rules of Procedure and the Administrative Procedure Act—and removal of obsolete material.
- New material related to the COVID-19 pandemic; de novo review under new Art. V, §21, of the Florida Constitution; reinstatement of licenses; final orders; the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission; record requirements on appeal; and electronic notarizations.
- Rewrites of sections on Procedural Due Process, procurement specifications, and judicial review under F.S. 120.68.
- Updated material on administrative searches and seizures, evidence, Certificates of Need, and Requests for Technical Advice.
- Elaboration on rule challenges, hearsay evidence, hearing denial, licensure requirements, agency investigation, emergency orders, environmental permitting, mediation, environmental enforcement mechanisms, water management districts, comprehensive planning, exhaustion of remedies, and mootness.
- Clarification of terms and case descriptions.
In addition, the manual explores other areas of substantive law where administrative procedures predominate, including environmental and land use law and certificates of need determinations. With extensive case law and statute references, as well as an appendix featuring the full text of the APA with tracing and conversion tables, this reference will be a valuable addition to the library of experienced administrative law practitioners and those needing a trustworthy guide through this complex area of law.
Visit our Trial Practice website for a complete list of The Bar's Trial Practice related titles.
Visit The Florida Bar Legal Publications website for a complete list of The Bar's titles.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ service for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+ is required to access this content.