Florida Standard Jury Instructions in Criminal Cases
Select a format
Florida Standard Jury Instructions in Criminal Cases, a product of the Supreme Court's Committee on Standard Jury Instructions in Criminal Cases, provides an authoritative array of instructions for virtually every criminal offense, as well as general instructions, grand jury instructions, and proceedings for the commitment of violent sexual predators.
This edition includes the following new instructions:
- 21.19(a) [Causing [Great Bodily Harm] [Permanent Disability] [Death] To] [Or] [Using A Deadly Weapon Upon] A [Police] [Fire] [Search And Rescue] [Canine] [Horse] § 843.19(2), Fla. Stat.
- 21.19(b) Maliciously [Touching] [Striking] [Causing Bodily Harm] To A [Police] [Fire] [Search And Rescue] [Canine] [Horse] § 843.19(3), Fla. Stat.
- 21.19(c) Maliciously [Harassing] [Teasing] [Interfering With] [Attempting To Interfere With] A [Police] [Fire] [Search And Rescue] [Canine] [Horse] While In Performance Of Its Duties § 843.19(4), Fla. Stat.
This first 2020 update includes the changes and additions to the Instructions published through February 27, 2020.
Visit our Jury Instructions website for a complete list of The Bar's Jury Instructions related titles.
Visit our Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Publications website for a complete list of The Bar's titles.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
• Instructions Before Trial
• Instructions During Trial
• Final Charge to the Jury
• Supplemental Instructions
PART TWO: INSTRUCTIONS ON CRIMES
• Inchoate Crimes
• Attempted Homicide
• Assault and Battery
• Weapons Offenses
• Sex Offenses
• Arson and Criminal Mischief
• Burglary and Trespass
• Theft and Dealing in Stolen Property
• Child Abuse
• Forgery and Worthless Checks
• Obstruction of Justice
• Drug Abuse
• Transportation Offenses
• Miscellaneous Crimes
PART THREE: GRAND JURY PROCEEDINGS
• Florida Grand Jury Handbook
• Florida Grand Jury Instructions
PART FOUR: SPECIAL PROCEEDINGS
• Involuntary Civil Commitment of Sexually Violent Predators
• Schedule of Lesser Included Offenses
• How to Write and Use Jury Instructions in Criminal Cases