Florida Standard Jury Instructions in Criminal Cases
Select a format
Florida Standard Jury Instructions in Criminal Cases, a product of the Supreme Court's Committee on Standard Jury Instructions in Criminal Cases, provides an authoritative array of instructions for virtually every criminal offense, as well as general instructions, grand jury instructions, and proceedings for the commitment of violent sexual predators.
The Eighth Edition features significant amendments of and additions to the criminal instructions, incorporating miscellaneous revisions and corrections to a number of the instructions, and adding a number of new instructions, including:
- 3.14 Scoresheet Findings
- 7.7(c) Assisted Self-Murder
- 25.7(a) Trafficking In (Name Of Controlled Substance)
The 2019 updates include the changes and additions to the Instructions published through June 6, 2019.
Visit our Jury Instructions website for a complete list of The Bar's Jury Instructions related titles.
Visit our Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Publications website for a complete list of The Bar's titles.
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
• Instructions Before Trial
• Instructions During Trial
• Final Charge to the Jury
• Supplemental Instructions
PART TWO: INSTRUCTIONS ON CRIMES
• Inchoate Crimes
• Attempted Homicide
• Assault and Battery
• Weapons Offenses
• Sex Offenses
• Arson and Criminal Mischief
• Burglary and Trespass
• Theft and Dealing in Stolen Property
• Child Abuse
• Forgery and Worthless Checks
• Obstruction of Justice
• Drug Abuse
• Transportation Offenses
• Miscellaneous Crimes
PART THREE: GRAND JURY PROCEEDINGS
• Florida Grand Jury Handbook
• Florida Grand Jury Instructions
PART FOUR: SPECIAL PROCEEDINGS
• Involuntary Civil Commitment of Sexually Violent Predators
• Schedule of Lesser Included Offenses
• How to Write and Use Jury Instructions in Criminal Cases