Florida Standard Jury Instructions in Criminal Cases
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Florida Standard Jury Instructions in Criminal Cases, a product of the Supreme Court's Committee on Standard Jury Instructions in Criminal Cases, provides an authoritative array of instructions for virtually every criminal offense, as well as general instructions, grand jury instructions, and proceedings for the commitment of violent sexual predators.
This edition includes the following new instructions:
- 7.8 - Driving Under The Influence Manslaughter §§ 316.193(3)(a), (3)(b), And (3)(c)3., Fla. Stat.
- 10.6 - Discharging A Firearm [In Public] [On Residential Property] § 790.15, Fla. Stat.
- 11.6 - Engaging In An Act Which Constitutes Sexual Battery Upon Or With A Child 12 Years Of Age Or Older But Younger Than 18 Years Of Age By Person In Familial Or Custodial Authority § 794.011(8)(b), Fla. Stat.
- 16.9 - Promoting A Sexual Performance By A Child § 827.071(3), Fla. Stat.
- 25.18 - Contraband In Juvenile [Detention Facility] [Commitment Program] § 985.711, Fla. Stat.
- 28.2 - [Felony] Driving Under The Influence § 316.193(2)(b)1 or § 316.193(2)(b)3, Fla. Stat.
- 28.18 - Failure To Obey The Lawful Order Of A [Police] [Fire] [Traffic] Official § 316.072(3), Fla. Stat.
This first 2021 update includes the changes and additions to the Instructions published through November, 2020.
Visit our Jury Instructions website for a complete list of The Bar's Jury Instructions related titles.
Visit The Florida Bar Legal Publications website for a complete list of The Bar's titles.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ service for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+ is required to access this content.
Table of contents
PART ONE: GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
• Instructions Before Trial
• Instructions During Trial
• Final Charge to the Jury
• Supplemental Instructions
PART TWO: INSTRUCTIONS ON CRIMES
• Inchoate Crimes
• Attempted Homicide
• Assault and Battery
• Weapons Offenses
• Sex Offenses
• Arson and Criminal Mischief
• Burglary and Trespass
• Theft and Dealing in Stolen Property
• Child Abuse
• Forgery and Worthless Checks
• Obstruction of Justice
• Drug Abuse
• Transportation Offenses
• Miscellaneous Crimes
PART THREE: GRAND JURY PROCEEDINGS
• Florida Grand Jury Handbook
• Florida Grand Jury Instructions
PART FOUR: SPECIAL PROCEEDINGS
• Involuntary Civil Commitment of Sexually Violent Predators
• Schedule of Lesser Included Offenses
• How to Write and Use Jury Instructions in Criminal Cases