Arkfeld's Best Practices Guide: Information Technology Primer for Legal Professionals
Select a format
The new edition of Arkfeld's Best Practices Guide: Information Technology Primer for Legal Professionals, is a resource for understanding the "information technology infrastructure" of organizations, locating "electronically stored information" (ESI), and managing it using computer technology. This primer is intended to be used as a general reference for the identification, preservation, collection and disclosure of ESI.
- Overview of IT in organizations and electronic discovery
- Characteristics & forms of "electronically stored information" (ESI)
- IT infrastructure: people, hardware, software, networks
- ESI file system, concealment and types
- ESI sources and locations
- Using computer technology to search, identify, filter, review, produce and present ESI
Discounts are available on multiple copies for your law firm, government agency, or other legal organization. Call 1-800-533-1637. Visit our E-Discovery Page for additional information.
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1 Overview of Information Technology (IT) and Electronic Discovery
CHAPTER 2 Characteristics & Forms of "Electronically Stored Information (ESI)"
CHAPTER 3 IT Infrastructure: People, Hardware, Software and Networks
CHAPTER 4 ESI File System, Concealment and Types
CHAPTER 5 ESI Sources and Locations
CHAPTER 6 Using Computer Technology to Search, Identify, Filter, Review, Produce
and Present ESI
APPENDIX—INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DISCOVERY QUESTIONS