Medical Issues in Social Security Disability
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
REVISION 17 HIGHLIGHTS
- Discussion of the surgical treatment of spinal stenosis and residual functional capactiy considerations. §1.04.1.b
- Discussion of artificial lumbar and cervical spinal disk implants. §1.04.2
- Discussion of vestibular goggle testing for vestibular disorders with accuracy for Meniere’s Disease, Benign
Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo, and Vestibular Migraine. §2.07.3
- Discussion of left vetricular assist devices (LVADs) and why LVAD cases should be allowed as equivalent severity
even if they are not listed as an allowance under heart failure listing 4.02. §4.02.4
- Extensive discussion on the evaluation of headaches. §11.02.3
- Discussion of benign meningiomas regarding increased aggression of some recurrent tumors and improved methods
more accurately showing those most likely to be treatment resistant.§11.05.1.a
- Discussion of new research indicating cause of autism lies in the peripheral nervous system rather than in the brain.
- SLE criteria for 2019. Table 14.02.1.a
- Discussion of advances in research in regard to increasingly effective treatment of HIV infection. §14.11.a
- Arthroscopic surgery for torn cartilage in knees and its questionable benefits. §1.02.2
- Residual problems after total hip or knee replacements and implications for residual functional capacity. §1.03.2
- Accepted diagnostic cut-off value for diagnosis of COPD using pulmonary function studies. §3.02.1.a
- Cause of vaso-occlusive crises. §7.05.1.a
- Testing for consciousness in pseudoseizures. §11.02.1.a
- Frequent misdiagnosis of multiple sclerosis. §11.09.3
- Causes of and outcomes for Guillain-Barre syndrome. §11.14.1.a
- Neuronal damage and restriction of blood flow to brain tissue in patients with Alzheimer’s disease. §12.01.a
- Chronic traumatic encephalopathy and single head injury. §12.02.1.a
- Risk of dementia with SLE compared to other immune disorders. §14.02.3
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+™ is required to access this content.
Table of contents
CHAPTER 1 MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND GROWTH IMPAIRMENTS
CHAPTER 2 SPECIAL SENSES AND SPEECH
CHAPTER 3 RESPIRATORY SYSTEM
CHAPTER 4 CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM
CHAPTER 5 DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
CHAPTER 6 GENITOURINARY DISORDERS
CHAPTER 7 HEMATOLOGICAL SYSTEM
CHAPTER 8 SKIN DISORDERS
CHAPTER 9 ENDOCRINE SYSTEM
CHAPTER 10 MULTIPLE BODY SYSTEMS
CHAPTER 11 NEUROLOGICAL DISORDERS
CHAPTER 12 MENTAL DISORDERS
CHAPTER 13 CANCER (NEOPLASTIC DISEASES – MALIGNANT)
CHAPTER 14 IMMUNE SYSTEM