Federal Taxation of Municipal Bonds
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The NABL Library of Publications brings you Federal Taxation of Municipal Bonds.
Federal Taxation of Municipal Bonds remains the library of primary legal sources to have on your bookshelf. The set comes complete with 12 looseleaf volumes, CD-ROM, and deskbook. To ensure that you spend less time looking for the information you need, and more time using it, the Third Edition includes the FTMB Navigator - a companion guide containing a detailed Table of Contents, Tables of Authorities, Popular Names Table, and a topical Index of all author summaries contained in the multi-volume set.
- Prepared and updated throughout the year by a team of experts from the National Association of Bond Lawyers, this publication includes:Complete texts of IRC Sections relating to municipal bonds, including miscellaneous provisions on marketability, reissuance, original issue discount, market discount, and IRS practice and procedure.
- The full statutory history of every pertinent IRC Section, including year of enactment, 1954 Code version (if any), and copies of the complete text of every subsequent amendment.
- Full legislative histories of all pertinent IRC Sections, including House, Senate, and Conference Reports, as well as General Explanations (the Blue Book).
- Summaries of related primary law materials organized topically.
- Complete text of all current Treasury Regulations applicable to municipal bonds, as well as proposed and withdrawn regulations. Also includes regulations governing state and local government series (SLGS) securities and preambles from current regulations.
- Complete text of pertinent federal case law decisions involving municipal bonds and tax-exempt financing.
- Complete text of all applicable IRS Revenue Rulings, Revenue Procedures, Treasury Notices, General Counsel Memoranda, and Technical Advice Memoranda.
- Complete text of all pertinent IRS Private Letter Rulings and Field Service Advice (more than 2,600 documents).
- Copies of all key IRS and Bureau of Public Debt forms.
Sample Chapter Synopsis
Each chapter provides comprehensive summaries for relevant sections of the Internal Revenue Code.
CHAPTER 1 - SECTION 103 - INTEREST ON STATE & LOCAL BONDS
1.01 INTERNAL REVENUE CODE
 Text of Statute - § 103 Interest on State and Local Bonds
 Statutory History
 Effective Dates, Transition Rules and Noncodified Provisions
 Prior Law - See 1954 Code in Volume 5
 Legislative History
1.02 OTHER INTERNAL REVENUE CODE SECTIONS [Reserved]
§ 1.103-1 Interest Upon Obligations of a State, Territory, Etc.
§ 1.103-2 Dividends from Shares and Stock of Federal Agencies or Instrumentalities.
§ 1.103-3 Interest Upon Notes Secured by Mortgages Executed to Federal Agencies or Instrumentalities.
§ 1.103-4 Interest Upon United States Obligations.
§ 1.103-5 Treasury Bond Exemption in the Case of Trusts or Partnerships.
§ 1.103-6 Interest Upon United States Obligations in the Case of Nonresident Aliens and Foreign Corporations, Not Engaged in Business in the United States.
 Qualification as a Political Subdivision
 On Behalf of Issuers - 63-20
 On Behalf of Issuers - 57-187
 On Behalf of Issuers - Other
 Nature of Obligation
 Nature of Payments as Interest
 Ownership of Bonds
To learn more about other NABL products, please visit store.lexisnexis.com/site/nabl
Pub Number: 22500
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 Section 103 - Interest on State and Local Bonds
Chapter 2 Section 141 - Private Activity Bonds; Qualified Bonds
Chapter 3 Section 142 - Exempt Facility Bonds
Chapter 4 Section 143 - Mortgage Revenue Bonds: Qualified Mortgage Bonds and Qualified Veterans' Mortgage Bonds
Chapter 5 Section 144(a) - Qualified Small Issue Bonds
Chapter 6 Section 144(b) - Qualified Student Loan Bonds
Chapter 7 Section 1449(c) - Qualified Redevelopment Bonds
Chapter 8 Section 145 - Qualified 501(c)(3) Bonds
Chapter 9 Section 146 - Volume Cap
Chapter 10 Section 147 - Other Requirements Applicable to Certain Private Activity Bonds
Chapter 11 Section 148 - Arbitrage
Chapter 12 Section 149 - Bonds Must be Registered to Be Tax Exempt; Other Requirements
Chapter 13 Section 150 - Definitions and Special Rules
Chapter 14 - Tax Credit Bonds and Direct Pay Bonds
Chapter 15 - Other Miscellaneous Bonds
Chapter 16 - Section 7871 - Indian Tribal Governments Treated as States for Certain Purposes
Chapter 17 - Reissuance
Chapter 18 - Original Issue Discount
Chapter 19 - Section 1275(d) - Contingent Payment Obligations
Chapter 20 - Section 1275(d) - Variable Rate Obligations
Chapter 21 - Original Issue Premium
Chapter 22 - Market Discount
Chapter 23 - Section 1286 - Tax Treatment of Stripped Bonds
Chapter 24 - Provisions Affecting Marketability of Bonds
Chapter 25 - IRS Practice and Procedure
Legislative History (Continued)
Revenue Procedures (Continued)
Generic Legal Advice Memoranda
General Counsel Memoranda