Weissenberger's Federal Evidence Courtroom Manual
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The total price includes the product(s) listed in the Order Form and any Updates for a limited period (minimum period of 30 days) after the order is placed ("Order Window"). Shipping and handling fees are not included in the grand total price.
All shipments may be returned, at subscribers' expense, for full credit of the Price within 30 days of receipt.
Shipments may not be returned, and no credits will be issued, more than 30 days after receipt.
After the Order Window, subscribers will receive notice of Updates along with the then-current grand total price and order process as Updates become available. Subscribers will only be shipped those Updates they specifically request.
View a sample of this title using the ReadNow feature
This is a convenient, easy-to-use single volume work that contains the full text of the Federal Rules of Evidence, and devotes a chapter to the discussion of each Rule. The chapters contain valuable practice pointers for the practitioner, as well as up-to-date coverage of cases discussing each Rule. In addition, the appendix presents the Advisory Committee Notes, allowing the user to understand the history and intent of the Committee as regards each Rule. The concise index of rules inside the front cover guides the reader to the appropriate Rule for each topic, while a thumb index on the back cover allows quick access to each section of the book. This is an invaluable desk reference as well as a convenient and portable guide to the Rules.
The 2022 edition ISBN is 9781663326560.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are noncancelable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.
Table of contents
I: GENERAL PROVISIONS
102. Purpose and Construction
103. Rulings on Evidence
104. Preliminary Questions
105. Limited Admissibility
106. Remainder of or Related Writings or Recorded Statements
II: JUDICIAL NOTICE
201. Judicial Notice of Adjudicative Facts
III: PRESUMPTIONS IN CIVIL ACTIONS AND PROCEEDINGS
301. Presumptions in General in Civil Actions and Proceedings
302. Applicability of State Law in Civil Actions and Proceedings
IV: RELEVANCY AND ITS LIMITS
401. Definition of "Relevant Evidence"
402. Relevant Evidence Generally Admissible; Irrelevant Evidence Inadmissible
403. Exclusion of Relevant Evidence on Grounds of Prejudice, Confusion, or Waste of Time
404. Character Evidence Not Admissible to Prove Conduct; Exceptions; Other Crimes
405. Methods of Proving Character
406. Habit; Routine Practice
407. Subsequent Remedial Measures
408. Compromise and Offers to Compromise
409. Payment of Medical and Similar Expenses
410. Offer to Plead Guilty; Nolo Contendere; Withdrawn Pleas of Guilty
411. Liability Insurance
412. Sex Offense Cases; Relevance of Alleged Victim's Past Sexual Behavior or Alleged Sexual Predisposition
413. Evidence of Similar Crimes in Sexual Assault Cases
414. Evidence of Similar Crimes in Child Molestation Cases
415. Evidence of Similar Acts in Civil Cases Concerning Sexual Assault or Child Molestation
501. General Rule
601. General Rule of Competency
602. Lack of Personal Knowledge
603. Oath or Affirmation
605. Competency of Judge as Witness
606. Competency of Juror as Witness
607. Who May Impeach
608. Evidence of Character and Conduct of Witness
609. Impeachment by Evidence of Conviction of Crime
610. Religious Beliefs or Opinions611. Mode and Order of Interrogation and Presentation
612. Writing Used to Refresh Memory
613. Prior Statements of Witnesses
614. Calling and Interrogation of Witnesses by Court
615. Exclusion of Witnesses
VII: OPINIONS AND EXPERT TESTIMONY
701. Opinion Testimony by Lay Witnesses
702. Testimony by Experts
703. Bases of Opinion Testimony by Experts
704. Opinion on Ultimate Issue
705. Disclosure of Facts or Data Underlying Expert Opinion
706. Court Appointed Experts
802. Hearsay Rule
803. Hearsay Exceptions; Availability of Declarant Immaterial
804. Hearsay Exceptions; Declarant Unavailable
805. Hearsay Within Hearsay
806. Attacking and Supporting Credibility of Declarant
807. Residual Exception
IX: AUTHENTICATION AND IDENTIFICATION
901. Requirement of Authentication or Identification
903. Subscribing Witness' Testimony Unnecessary
X: CONTENTS OF WRITINGS, RECORDINGS, AND PHOTOGRAPHS
1002. Requirement of Original
1003. Admissibility of Duplicates
1004. Admissibility of Other Evidence of Contents
1005. Public Records
1007. Testimony or Written Admission of Party
1008. Functions of Court and Jury
XI: MISCELLANEOUS RULES
1101. Applicability of Rules
Advisory Committee Notes to the Federal Rules of Evidence