Servicemember and Veterans Rights
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Designed for the busy practitioner, Servicemember and Veterans Rights contains Practice Notes setting out important take-aways and practical implications. For further convenience, longer sections are broken into subsections and make use of lists and bullet points. These user-friendly features will help you find just the right information quickly and easily.
This indispensable practice aid covers the following critical issues and includes these features:
• Chapter discussing all branches of the military, providing a general understanding of the different branches of the armed forces, their respective missions, and their organizational structures (Chapter 1);
• Chapter on USERRA, providing an understanding of this federal law addressing military leave and discrimination issues resulting from military service (Chapter 2);
• Chapter on military family law providing an overview of family law issues practitioners will encounter when dealing with military members as clients or opposing parties (Chapter 4);
• Chapter on TriCare and SGLI providing an important understanding of these principles and ensuring that Servicemembers, Veterans, and insurable dependents understand their rights, obligations, and privileges regarding TriCare and SGLI and SGLI related benefits (Chapter 5).
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are noncancelable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.
Table of contents
• CHAPTER 1 Introduction to Military Law
• CHAPTER 2 Rights Under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
• CHAPTER 3 The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
• CHAPTER 4 Military Family Law
• CHAPTER 5 The TRICARE Program and Servicemembers Group Life Insurance (SGLI): SGLI and Related SGLI Benefits
• CHAPTER 6 Veterans Benefits
• CHAPTER 7 Appeals for Veterans Benefits
• CHAPTER 8 Massing Fire on TBI and PTSD: The Importance of Working with Medical and Mental Health Professionals
• CHAPTER 9 Depressive Disorders
• CHAPTER 10 Veteran Treatment Courts
• CHAPTER 11 State Benefits Available to Veterans and Servicemembers
• CHAPTER 12 Military Discharge Upgrades
• CHAPTER 13 The Modern Veteran
• CHAPTER 14 Recent Cases and Useful Links